“very good, very close to main station”
Review of Walhalla Hotel

Walhalla Hotel
Ranked #38 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed September 6, 2013

people in hetels are very nice and kind if you have any questions, just ask them. Hotel is quite near Zurich HB, just cross flatform 18 and you will see the hotel. Prices are good, too. The variety of breakfast also impressed me.
飯店人員很親切,房間cp值很高,就在Zurich HB旁邊,穿過flatform 18就到了,非常非常近,不用拖行李到處走,每天都打掃,早餐很多樣化也很好吃。值得推薦!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Sandy C.

The Walhalla Team says "Thank you very much" for your Feedback. It is very motivating and I will definitely share it with my team. I hope you arrived back home safely and whenever you plan to visit Zurich again, let me know.

All the best

There are newer reviews for Walhalla Hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed only one night on the way to Venice and wish we stayed longer! The hotel is very, very convenient to the Zurich main train station - not sure if we just lucked out but we randomly took an escalator up from the train (we were coming from Grindelwald) and literally saw the hotel just across the street from the train station. There is a pretty big Starbucks on the ground floor of the hotel and our room had a nice view of the river. The check in person was aloof and not at all friendly but the ladies who was taking care of breakfast (a really good buffet continental breakfast was included in our room rate) were very nice. We got a pretty big room for Zurich standard with 2 beds (a Queen and a full, I think). Note that everything was very, very clean! The bathroom was small and needs an update but again spotlessly clean plus I like the eco-friendly shampoo and soap that they could just refill.

The rate for our room was definitely not budget but that's Zurich for you and I think it is worth it considering the convenient location (you can just walk everywhere) and the free breakfast (more like brunch because it was so filling!). Will book this hotel again if we ever come back to Zurich again. :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After riding on the train for 5 hours, Walhalla was close to the Train Station and close to take a wonderful walking tour around Zurich. It was not fancy, but we didn't want that. It was clean, well appointed, and had a wonderful staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel, near train station, great breakfast. Everything positive, just one negative thing: in the summer it can get quite warm in the hotelrooms. Therefore I give 4 stars, not yet 5 stars.
Fyi: I am staying in this hotel every other week.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Robert d.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We're happy and thankful that you as a regular customer took the time sharing your thoughts about the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich. The longer you stay in a hotel the more you experience and recognize the details. So it makes me even more proud of my team and their daily work if we get compliments like yours. These motivate us to continue with our strong focus on service. Please let me know when you are back in Zurich and I hope that we find some time to meet.

The Walhalla Team wishes you and your family all the best.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the Walhalla hotel for 3 days in Zurich. Great location, very competitive rates and great staff. Its almost impossible to beat the location - close to the railway station, tours, city center etc. The staff was great and gave us valuable directions and tips for some of the day trips we made across the country. They all speak English. They have a great breakfast buffet (charge included in the price) and that certainly helped both in terms of convenience and cost. On our last day a restaurant steward (Lin I believe her name was - she was Swedish) gave my 6 year old some chocolates and a little painting.
Rooms are a little small but if you are there for tourism it really does not matter. Will recommend this hotel to anyone planning a stay for both leisure or business in Zurich.

2  Thank Biswanath_Basu
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Biswanath_Basu.

Thank you very much for your comments. It is really motivating for the whole team. Did you see, that we posted your feedback on our facebook site on the 22nd of August? Just have a look.

I wish you all the best and I hope to stay in contact with you.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed for one night in mid July before finishing our trip to Switzerland. Very convenient location, and staff service is good in general. But the room was not air conditioned and became terribly hot in summer. The fan placed in the room helped little. When we got to the cafe floor, it's much better. The breakfast has limited variety but food quality is ok. Overall, should get what we paid for (CHF 250 for triple room)in such an pricey city as Zurich, except lack of air con.

Room Tip: Stay away from top floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kurt_Wodiczka, Geschäftsführer at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear gj_civic.

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. I really apologize that we don't have an AC in our rooms but it is very difficult to install it in a building that is more than 100 years old. As you already mentioned we try to compensate this disadvantage with very competitive rates during the short summer period. I wish you all the best and hope we will see us again in the Walhalla Hotel.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed 1 night at this hotel before we left Switzerland and I regret this choice. This hotel doesn't even deserve a rating 'terrible'. The only positive thing about this hotel was its location. It is conveniently located near the Zurich main station. Apart from this I have several negative things to say.
1) Because it is located near the station, it was very noisy. I couldn't open the windows because it was too noisy outside.
2) There is no air conditioning here. When I stayed here it was sunny and hot in Zurich. Therefore little fan wasn't good enough to keep us cool.
3) Most importantly I had the most insulting and mortifying experience at this hotel which spoiled my pleasant trip to Switzerland. When we were cheking out at the hotel I realised that my little sister (10 years old) has been charged for the city tax which was 2.50CHF. I complained to the staff at the reception about this. Then he told me with the most rude and insulting manner that because we booked 3 bedroom for the child, we have to pay the city tax and that we were meant to inform them when checking in. I booked 3 bedroom because we wanted to used spacious room and we paid 470CHF for this room which is not cheap. I asked the receptionist nicely whether we really need to pay that city tax. He kept on repeating what he said before with patronising look as if he was talking to a 3 year old. It seemed that he could not be bothered to cancel the receipt and redo it.
I cannot believe that I had to argue and fight for that 2.50CHF first time in my life at a hotel.
I guess because I'm young and Asian he looked down at me. I have never been treated like this in my life from a hotel staff anywhere I've been to. I hope the manager of this hotel educates the staff properly. In terms of service, this hotel really doesn't deserve 3 stars and it is overpriced. Think before you book.

2  Thank Michelle P
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Michelle P.

We are very sorry that this unfortunate misunderstanding marred your experience with Walhalla Hotel. We have discussed the matter internally and I can assure you that our receptionist did by no means intend to insult you, to look down on you or to otherwise hurt your feelings in any way. Unfortunately the city tax must be paid in Zurich by each person staying in a hotel, regardless of age. I'm glad that my colleague took the action and refunded you for that amount.

The reviews of our guests normally credit us with very good quality in both service and location but unfortunately misunderstandingd happen. I hope you accept my apologies and that your return home was safe and happy. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

With best regards