“A 3-star hotel that behaves like 5 stars”
Review of Walhalla Hotel

Walhalla Hotel
Ranked #35 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A 3-star hotel that behaves like 5 stars”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is marvellous. The location is excellent -- next to the train station and very close to the city center. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was superb -- just like rooms in 5-star hotels -- very big, pretty, with everything we needed. Breakfast was a real treat -- very tasty and with lots of choice. Although the location is in a noisy area, the room is very quiet.

Room Tip: Our room on the fifth floor was very big, probably bigger than rooms on lower floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shira K
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Shira K.
Thank you very much for your feedback. This is a really good start into the day and I will definitely share your comments will all my team members. After a lot of changes we went thru last year it seems that we are on the right track. It makes me proud of my team and thank you again for taking the time to fill out the survey.
I wish you all the best and let me know if you plan to come back to Zurch in the near future. It would be my pleasure to welcome you personally.

Kind regards
Kurt Wodiczka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed from 13 - 17 Feb 2013. Primarily chose this hotel because of its location - very near Zurich HB, which makes traveling convenient. I read from brochures that there are day-tour buses departing from the bus terminal opposite the hotel. If I had find out this earlier on the internet I would have made arrangement to visit one of those places.
What I like most about this hotel is its towel heater rack. This is the first hotel I have come across with such thing. To have a warm towel wrap around your body after a bath is just fantastic; more so during the winter!
The wood flooring in our room have aged though. We can hear the squeaking as we walk and it is not even on some part as well.
Overall, Walhalla is a decent hotel and I had a pleasant stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 46squid
East Midlands
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at Walhalla for one night in February 2013 and used it to pass through on our way from Paris to Italy. It was ideally located to us as about a minutes walk from the central station. Room was very clean, breakfast was a continental buffet and free wifi. Compared to other places we looked at good value and excellent location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EastMidsTraveller123
australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the walhalla for 1 nite -3 adults in room 411. The room was very pleasant- clean & tidy - modern ikea like furnishings, with nice bathroom fittings etc. the staff were very friendly, and the breakfast - continental was good. The location is very convenient, and a very short walk from the train station- most of which is undercover. I'd read some other reviewers comments about the noise from the train/ trams, but we had no such problems, as the windows were double glazed. I would definitely return to this hotel, if I were coming back to Zurich.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Free wifi, great breakfast buffet included in price, free water bottle in room: costs you at least 30chf in other places: add friendly staff and great location close to main station and you get a great value for money place in Zurich down-town!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank ArmandoTroncana
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was the second time I stayed at Walhalla. The reason why I choose this hotel is that is very close to the Zurich Banhoff, has a Tram station right next to it and a Starbuck Coffe. The rooms are ok and very clean. The breakfast is ok but when I asked one of the staff for a glass she just told me they had run out of clean glasses which even if it was the case she didn't try to offer a cup or anything else, in general their service is not really very good. Another thing that we didn't like is that the hallways always smell a bit, the good thing is that the room was very clean and had no smells.

The one thing I like the most about this hotel (location) could also be a negative for you since you can listen to the trains coming and leaving but if you are a heavy sleeper like me then that won't bother you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mauro M
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nothing so special with this hotel, it's clean and close to the city center. Room was OK, clean, not too small. The hotel itself is quite old but it's more good than bad thing. It gives somekind of uniq to it. Breakfast was really good though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business