“Would stay again!”
Review of Dolder Waldhaus

Dolder Waldhaus
Ranked #103 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for style, then this isn't the hotel for you. But for friendly & helpful staff, a good restaurant & a clean & well-equipped room, you can't do much better. Wifi is pretty poor most of the time..this would be my only real complaint!

• Stayed: July 2012
Thomas S, Manager at Dolder Waldhaus, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Sir

We appreciate your positive overall opinion. We are sorry that the style didn’t meet your expectations. Our hotel offers room types in two different styles: modern, contemporary and also the traditional, classic rooms.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our product and services. Please be aware that the unsufficient WIFI connection represented an exception to the usual standard in quality. This matter has been thoroughly checked and is working on high level performance again.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had a really great stay at Dolder Waldhaus, even I was a little bit concerned about the location before. Yes, it's not so close to the city center, but it's a disadvantage only if you have tight time constraints. Otherwise you enjoy your stay next to the forest, a fresh air, the beautiful Zurich view from the hill. And it's not so far from the city center - 10 min by car, 20 min by public transport or even 40 min on foot which is also a fun. For the price range of 200-250 euros per night you get much more than in almost any other hotel of the same category in Zurich - an indoor pool, a balconee with the great view, a bathrobe, slippers, an acceptable room size, a friendly service. The only thing I would be happy to see better is the breakfast...but it keeps you on the diet :)
I would definitely stay at Dolder again next time in Zurich.
P.S. There is another Dolder, Dolder Grand, which also seems to be a great place to stay...if you have no budget limitation :), so don't be confused.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alexey_from_Moscow

Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your stay at the Dolder Waldhaus and for passing on your valuable comments.
We are pleased to hear, that our product and services could keep up with our competitors and that you are already planning your next stay with us.
Please be rest assured, that we are currently reviewing our selection and ingredients of our breakfast buffet. The new breakfast buffet will be introduced at the end of March 2013.

We look very much forward to convince you of our services again in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at dolder waldhaus, top notch service and a great facility. food was excellent too. the golf course (owned by big brother dolder grand) had incredibly rude service, however, acting as if they were doing me a favor to let me play. swiss golf has to get it's head on straight. Course was nice enough but even the groundskeepers and caddies didn't know the basics about not distracting players and staying out of shotview. You'd think it was intentional to ruin a sunny day, jesus chinggis!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thomas S, Manager at Dolder Waldhaus, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your stay at the Dolder Waldhaus and sharing your detailed feedback with us.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant and found our service great. Thus, we are even more disappointed to hear, that the service at the golf course was not up to your expectations. Please be rest assured, that your comments have been passed on to the management in order to improve the service for non-golf-club-members.

We hope that this does not affect your opinion of the Dolder Resort and that your stay remains memorable for the right reasons.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This hotel is quite far from Zurich center. Many of the rooms have excellent views of the lake, and the hills surrounding Zurich. Beautiful in the morning, in the day, in the evening, and at night.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir

Many thanks for passing on your positive comments to us.
Only our unique location, can provide us those beautiful views you have described. We are a short distance of 10 minutes by car, from the city center. Our complimentary shuttle bus stays daily at our guest’s disposal from 9.35am until 5.35pm. It runs hourly from the Hotel Dolder Waldhaus directly to Münsterhof in the city centre and backwards.
We hope that we will have the chance to convince you during your next visit of our shuttle service and look forward to your future stay.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I always stay here on Business when in Zurich as it is very close to our office. It is not centrally located but the city is a short tram ride away, with the funiculaire stop being almost inside the hotel. The view is out of this world amazing. Even in snowing winter I always take a few minutes to stand outside on the balcony. I always stay in a room with a kitchenette, so I can prepare something light if I wish. On the last visit I was given a renovated room and I must say it was much nicer. In any case all rooms I have stayed so far are very spacious, with lots of storage space. Reception staff is always very friendly as well as the breakfast staff. My only complaint, if it is a real one, is that it can be a lonely time at the Dolder, as it is not in the city centre and most guests are older.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Madame

We really appreciate that you took the time to express your views in such detailed way and thank you for this wonderful review.
It is our great pleasure to hear, that you find our staff very friendly and you can be rest assured, that I have passed on you very kind words to my colleagues.
Our hotel offers two different decoration styles of the rooms: modern, contemporary as well as classic, traditional.

We hope to convince you during your next stay of our various selection of outdoors facilities. Why not enjoy our open air swimming pool in the summer, as well as the ice skating rink during the winter time. Both facilities attract guest’s of all ages and are complimentary to use, for our hotel guests.

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have been staying here for years as I travel in and out of Switzerland. This time I booked a superior double with kitchenette. I come for the view over Lake Zurich which relaxes me. However, on this trip my loyalty went unacknowledged as I was first given a room overlooking another building. When I said it would not do, I was then given a room without the kitchenette. (I like to make cups of tea and soup while I do my relaxing.) Finally a room with a view and kitchen was found for me at an upgrade in price, but I had to wait for it to be made up. Somehow I thought years of loyal trade, coming in mid-March, and booking a superior room would result in a lovely room as I have always enjoyed before, instead I was told the hotel was fully booked and it was a big effort to find a good room for me. The is a big hotel. This was March. There were never more than a few tables used at breakfast, and I never saw more than a person or two in the lobby or pool. So where were all these people that were taking up all the good rooms? The woman at reception worked hard for me, no complaints there, and I ended up in a proper room. But I wonder. Was I caught in the "single woman traveler syndrome" that I have encountered at other hotels? In this syndrome the single woman is given the smallest, least attractive room, the better rooms going to business men and couples. Is the single woman's money not of equal value? Or is it the single woman who is not valued? I've always rated this hotel highly in previous reviews in spite of its outward appearance ("monument in concrete" is right!) because the service has always been so good. The in person service was good ... but the booking service really messed up this time. They have lost my loyalty.

Room Tip: Dolderbahn up to the hotel lets you feel you have arrived in Switzerland. Insist on a room with a f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WildernessBird

Dear Madame

Thank you very much for sharing your detailed and helpful comments with us.
We are very disappointed to hear that your loyalty was not acknowledged, which unfortunately escaped our attention. We continuously strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and your feedback will help us to improve our services.

All of our double rooms are currently equipped with kitchenettes. We sincerely regret that you were given a room, that was not up to your expectations and caused you inconvenience. Please be rest assured, that all of our guests enjoy the same treatment and we are well aware of the requirements of single woman travelers.

We truly hope to welcome you back at the Dolder Waldhaus and that this experience has not affected your overall opinion on us.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

The hotel is located on a hill overlooking Zurich. The views are spectacular from virtually every room. The hotel looks like it was poured in one block of concrete and looks more like monument. Attempts to juvenate with glass have resulted in a sterile look. The interior reminds me of the seventies, with colorful rugs and wall decorations. The service is good and handled with Swiss efficiency. This hotel is great if you dont mind not being in the center of town and offers good value for money for Zurich. Food in the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed: February 2012