“Spectacular view made up for small room”
Review of Storchen Zurich

Storchen Zurich
Ranked #6 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
New York City, New York
“Spectacular view made up for small room”
Reviewed September 27, 2005

This is another property I've had on my heart to stay at for a number of years now and finally got there in March. Although our room was rather small, the view over the Limmat more than made up for it (not to mention the fabulous breakfast in the most elegant of settings again w/views right over the river!) We were extremely blessed in that it was snowing upon arrival but the sun soon made an entrance that lasted for 2 days and even the Swiss stated how unusual it was for such beautiful weather in the middle of March! A basic sweather or turtleneck is all you needed! The property couldn't have a better location! Smack in the middle of the City within walking distance to about anything you'd like to explore. The staff gracious and attentive and our room emaculate! We're actually using a picture from this journey for our annual Christmas card! Loved it!

• Stayed March 2005
5 Thank Litsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gloucestershire, England
Reviewed September 18, 2005

Just returned from our fifth or sixth stay at Zum Storchen and were delighted to find everything as good as ever. Our room on the fourth floor overlooking the Limmat was comfortable and quiet, elegantly furnished and very well maintained. Breakfast is a delight, as other reviews note - the staff charming and attentive.
We wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in the city.

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank elegantraveller
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 4, 2005

My mom and I decided last minute in early July 2005 to do a mother-daughter trip to Switzerland. So I looked into both the Frommer's guide to Switzerland (absolute best) and Tripadvisor to see what hotels we should stay in.

We are not rich by any means, but I wanted a special place where we would feel comfortable in the center of Zurich, and, a place that would start us off each day with a nice breakfast.

Staying at the Zum Storchen was THE BEST thing I did - we loved it so much that we booked an extra night at the hotel.

It's a delightful experience - we felt like we were HOME. Comfortable rooms and beds, tastfully decorated in cozy decor. Modern, beautiful bathrooms. The hotel sits RIGHT ON THE RIVER that leads to Zurich LAke - the ONLY HOTEL THAT HAS THIS. It's so romantic!

I must also rave about the BREAKFAST on the 2nd floor terrance overlooking the river with the red geraniums everywhere - it was so special and so delicous! They serve the best quality salmon, egg dishes, breads, fresh squeezed organge juice that you do yourself at the touch of a button on the machine and the BEST COFFEE! The view was spectacular!

My mom and I also enjoyed the plaza right outside the door of the hotel where some of the most intersting people enjoy a glass of champagne and the BEST food. I'm telling you. This is the best food and hotel service we've ever had. We were so happy staying here!

I highly recommend this hotels for couples, honeymooners, mother's and daughter's, (only well-behaved kids and older children please - and pets!). It's an delight - you won't regret spenidng your money here. It made Zurich so memorable for us!

• Stayed July 2005
7 Thank cphmar
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed July 13, 2005

I stayed here during the week. The hotle is in a great location. The room that I was in was very modern, with flat screen tv, internet connection, and a huge bath! It is only a few minutes walk from the tourist attractions, and the main shopping street. The staff was always helpful and friendly, and was there in a few seconds when I needed something done. I greatly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank Ninster03
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2005

This is simply the best hotel in town - one of those unique places that you will not regret staying at. Zurich is beautiful, and this is the way to visit.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
AZ
Reviewed October 27, 2004

I have stayed at the zum Storchen three times, with my wife 2x and with my family once (3 rooms). We received excellent, helpful, and friendly service. Very efficient without loosing friendliness. The staff made arrangements specific to our requests, including by e-mail prior to arrival. River rooms, esp corner, are nice although some early morning noise of the trams across the river. Food and service in the restaurant was excellent, including morning buffet. Concierge was knowledgeable and helpful with some special arrangements. We plan to stay again on our next trip. Well worth the typical high Zurich hotel cost.

3 Thank travelerAZ
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2004

I just rerturned from Zurich where I spent a couple of nights in this hotel. It is the only hotel right on the river overlooking the old town. Although the single room is small(no smaller than average European luxury hotels), it is well appointed, tastefully decorated and has all the modern amenities you need. Staff are courteous and very helpful. Restaurant Brassarie serves great dinner and nice breakfast buffet(swiss style). In addition, you can also access internet free of charge at the lobby internet station. The location of the hotel is excellent, it is a couple of minutes walk to the business/financial center, right in the heart of shopping, and directly across the river from the Old town which is a easy 5 minutes walk. And a two minutes walk to the museum. Although it is a bit pricy, I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2004