“We love Hotel Storchen”
Review of Storchen Zurich

Storchen Zurich
Ranked #4 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Once or twice a year I travel to Zurich on business with clients and we often stay at the Hotel Storchen. Everything about this hotel is first class; a great location on the river and near great shopping and restaurants, comfortable bedrooms, a wonderful restaurant and very helpful and professional staff. I've probably been there 20 times and never had a bad visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
1  Thank epwhiteman
joergarnold, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest

thank you so much for your rating and the kind words. These words are more than motivating to us as we see that we can do a great job over the years. My staff and I wish you wonderful holidays and hope to be able to convice you for many more years to come.

Warm regards

Joerg Arnold

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We only stayed for one night, but the stay was heavenly! We were upgraded from junior suite to suite upon arrival and the room was breathtaking! From the top floor corner we could see the the best panoramic view of the river front on our private terrace. Even though it was cold that night we stayed out there to enjoy the Christmas lights up and down the old city. The room amenities covered every need, and the decor is delightful! I will highly recommend this hotel because of my experience.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Mommommymummummylois

Dear Guest

thank you very much for your kind words and we are happy that you enjoyed Zurich and the Storchen. Of course an upgrade is not always possible but with you we had the chance to choose the reight people who really appreciated it.

We wish you happy holidays and hope to see you soon again.

Joerg Arnold

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since 2004 and it keeps getting better. The location is tremendous, the best walking in Zurich can be done from the hotel's front door. The staff which has been there for years is always friendly and helpful. Storchen also has my favorite breakfast buffet in Europe. Always a full selection of fresh and tasty items and a beautiful place to start the day. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure in Zurich.

Room Tip: River view rooms are wonderful but I have stayed her a dozen times and have never stayed in a room I...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank amangani

Dear Guest

first thank you so much for your loyalty to the Storchen and your rating. It is with great pleasure and satisfaction that we can keep you as a happy guest over all these years.

Thank you so much and all the best for 2013

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Storchen one night in November 2012. I wanted a hotel near to business appointments I had in the center of Zurich. The hotel met both that requirement (I walked to my appointments) and my expectation of a hotel ranked #1 on Trip Advisor. The location is enhanced by the views over the Limmat river and the limited traffic that travels through this part of the city at night. I slept with my window open.

1  Thank PauaTas

Dear guest

thank you very much for your kind rating and we are happy to see that we can fulfill the expectations to a NR 1 Tripadvisor Hotel.

Warm regards and all the best for 2013

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Storchen's location makes it a perfect place to stay to explore the old quarter of Zurich - museums, churches, restaurants, shops and the main train station are all in easy walking distance. This is a hotel with centuries of tradition but it has modern facilities and a very welcoming & friendly staff. The Storchen is a small hotel that feels comfortable but runs with predictable Swiss precision.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view of the Limmat river but some have better views than others.... Noise is not a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lulu-Antequera
joergarnold, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear guest

thank you so much for your kind words. It is a honour for us and great motivation to see that we are on the right track and are able to make a stay more than worthwhile in the heart of a fantastic city.

Thank you very much and best regards !

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stay at Storchen each November on a business trip. I love the charmingly decorated room combined with all modern amenities. I love that it is right on the water. I love the outside bar looking across the river at the fabulous church. But I especially love the area. It's become tradition to step outside and visit van Laack for great shirts and cufflinks, Teuscher for special Christmas chocolates, Tabak-Ladeli for hand-rolled cigars and Parfumerie Stemmler for a gift for my wife. Not to mention great restaurants like Bindella and Bianchi in close walking distance. All of this AND a friendly, helpful staff, especially the concierges, who are fantastic!

Room Tip: Facing the river us especially lovely.
3  Thank Michael F

Dear Guest

thank you so very much for your kind words and we are happy that you enjoyed Zürich and our hotel. Where can you get more Zurich ? And we are glad und motivated to continue to do our best so you and our guests can profit of the wonderful city !

Best regards

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Storchen Hotel is in the centre of the Zurich overlooking the river with wonderful shopping nearby. Our bedroom was attractively decorated and well planned with an excellent bathroom. All the members of staff we came across were friendly and welcoming and in particular those on the front desk who went to great lengths to help us with travel, museums etc.A brilliant place for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
joergarnold, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dearest Guest. Thank you so much for your very kind words and i am happy to see that you had a great stay in this wonderful city of Zurich and that our part of this visit complemented your experience.

Zurich is a great weekend city !

We look really forward to welcoming you soon again !

Warm regards