Hotel St. Gotthard
$386
Official Site
$177
  • Restaurant
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
$147
$138
1,082 results
All reviewsgreat locationtrain stationthe main shopping streetfamous bahnhofstrassebigger roomwalking distanceold towncentral locationbusiness tripzurich hbearly checkwonderful hotelan upgraderooms are smallshort stayhummermanzoni
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I travel abroad a lot...and the one pre-requisit we have is to stay in a good hotel. It just makes the whole experience better at the end of the day.

We checked in at St. Gotthard in Zurich on the 12th of November for 3 nights and absolutely loved our room. We were given an upgrade without even asking. We also got a free late check out. What a blessing. The staff is VERY accommodating and professional. They make you feel at home instantly.

The bed is fabulous! The breakfast fantastic! And our over all experience in the hotel just wonderful. And then the location....just perfect! Very close to train station, and IN the main shopping street of Zurich...what more can you ask for. :)

Thank you St. Gotthard!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Martin S, Manager at Hotel St. Gotthard, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear WMWatson,

many thanks for your phantastic evaluation on Tripadvisor. We highly appreciate that you enjoyed your stay so much with us in terms of room, bed, location, breakfast and service. We will willingly pass on your compliments to our staff. Hopefully we can welcome you soon again and wish you happy holidays.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I must have stayed at least ten times at the St. Gotthard as it is on my company's preferred hotels list. It is indeed a convenient business hotel, close to the station and business district. I don't expect much more than a comfortable room, working wifi and decent breakfast. Which is all partially met as the rooms are pretty small and beds pretty hard. What annoys me the most is that they do not profile returning customers and never give any special attention - like let's say a free upgrade, or breakfast. The value for money is not great ... but this is Zurich, I guess.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank AlexSwissTraveller
Martin S, Manager at Hotel St. Gotthard, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear genevatraveller,

thank you very much for your detailed comment on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry that this stay did not quite meet your expectations. Please get in touch with us and we will be pleased to give you an upgrade upon availability and a softer mattress for your bed. We highly appreciate our repeating customers and look very much forward to hopefully welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I spent a night in the hotel. First come to eye was the luxury style ( of course 4 stars hotel) but it is worthy to spend for that ( actually price still acceptable as if count in CHF !)
Nice staffs, good location!
You can drop your luggage and then enjoy the time in Zurich !

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Martin S, Manager at Hotel St. Gotthard, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Midcokk,

Thank you for your nice comment on Tripadvisor. We highly appreciate your compliments about our style, location and service. Hopefully we can welcome you soon again and remain

With best regards

Reviewed October 30, 2013

It is my second visit to this hotel. I went with my family and stayed 10 nights. Since the hotel location is perfect, close to shopping area, train station, restaurants, trams, I could easily took my mother with me who is 83 years old . When you step in the hotel you feel that you are at home. The doorman they grab your luggages with their smiling face and they help you all your stay. Reception staff they are always ready to answer any kind of request or question. Our room is on the main street with a small balcony very clean and comfortable. During our stay the weather is quiet agreeable so we had chance to sit at terrace cafe which is just on the main walking street. Very nice service on a very lively street. Breakfast.. You have sun light from the roof in breakfast area. The delicous croissants home made are gorgeaus. In the hotel restaurant the food was good with accomanying the pianist. I highly recommend Hummer restaurat which is in the hotel.The ambiance, service and the food are very high qualty. The lobster with ravioli is incredible... Finally location is great few steps to train station, shopping area very close to old city and restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel to bussiness man, to couples, families with children and old parents. Thank you vey much Hotel St. Gotthard.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Martin S, Manager at Hotel St. Gotthard, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear hulya2011

Thank you for the excellent comment on Tripadvisor and your second stay with us. We are very happy that you feel like coming home and hopefully next time we get the chance to welcome your Mother too. We constantly try to improve our level and are looking very much forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I came here for our first wedding anniversary. We live in London and wanted to visit Switzerland, thinking it would be a nice romantic destination, which of course it was, but we were a little disappointed by our hotel stay at Hotel St. Gotthard for a couple of reasons. In the week leading up to our weekend stay, I wrote an email to the hotel letting them know that the reason we were coming to Zurich was to celebrate our first anniversary, in the hope that we might get some sort of an upgrade or something nice. We certainly did not expect this, we had just heard others say that they had received similar upgrades and thought that it was worth a shot. Unfortunately, my hint fell on deaf ears and we were quite disappointed to have been given a room with a (locked) door joining it with the adjacent room, which meant we could hear everything going on in that room (and which in turn disturbed our sleep a couple of times). It was not a very classy room for an expensive four star hotel, even taking away the "anniversary" factor. Another little disappointment was when we ordered room service, but due to a "lost in translation" moment, we were charged three times what we expected to be charged. To be fair to the hotel, when we checked out and told them about this the manager kindly agreed to waive the entire room service charge, which we really appreciated. Our main disappointment was not necessarily the cost of that room service, it was the fact that the staff member who brought the food to our room was clearly irritated with me when I challenged the order and we felt pressured to sign for it. Otherwise, we found the hotel very clean and tidy, with good character, although nothing particularly exceptional for a four star hotel. In hindsight, if we had known we were going to stay in a small, adjoining room of no particular merit, we would have gone with a cheaper three star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ben588,

thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry, that we did not reach your expectations during your first anniversary stay.
We offer you an upgrade in a Junior Suite next year, for your second anniversary, without connecting door.

Thanks to your inputs, you help us to improve every day and we are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to Zürich.

With our best regards