All reviewsold towngreat locationcobblestone streetstrain stationrestaurants and barshotel is locatedbreakfast roomair conditioningcold cutsyogurtstayed nightsjunior suitereception staffwonderful hotelbreakfast was includedfonduestreet noise
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our family of 10 plus 2 kids and a baby stayed at this hotel last April 20-23, 2013. Clean rooms we got the quadruple rooms with breakfast. Friendly staff they even help us booked for our tour for Mt Rigi. Near shopping areas and good restaurants everything is walking distance. Near train station. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had an overnight stop in Zurich and wanted to stay in hotel that would allow me to be in walking distance of Grossmunster and the Aldstadt area. The Wellenberg did not disappoint. I arrived at 11am--they allowed me to check in early and upgraded my room at no cost. The room, though modest in size, was very clean and comfortable. The service was friendly. And the location really can't be beat--hundreds of restaurants in close proximity, easy access to the trains and in walking distance of all the historical sites of Zurich.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

10 minutes walking from central train station takes you the hotel. There are mini bar in the room and other facilities are also available. But the rooms are small especially bathroom.

As I have used to have a large rooms in other European and American Hotels, almost all Swiss Hotels have a small rooms and bathrooms. Room lightning should be much better, it seems too dark even the lights are turned on.

In the reception they told us they have upgraded or room free of charge. It was a good complimentary thanks for their kindness.

Hotel located right in an old town, where all restaurants, cafes /bars are exist. We have stayed on a Saturday night on a 4th floor and the room was facing right to the square but there was no annoying noise from the restaurants, maybe for the lower ones.

Breakfast was also great, if the weather conditions permit, go and have your breakfast on the terrace facing backyard.

Price for 260$ for one night is too much for this kind of real 3 star hotel but it seems that they accept Switzerland is an expensive country and trying earn money from that. All kind of Swiss Swatches are starting about 5000 CHF (4000 € ) as they are cheap ones. Holly man cow! Don't let them rich and yourself poor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

After a few days tour in Austria, Italy and Switzerland, I can say that this was the best 4 star hotel we slept in (and they were all were 4 stars).
The Wellenberg has everything you need - warm wellcome at the reception desk, fully renovated room (with very good taste I might add), wifi that works fast and without any problems, rich and tasty breakfast, and housekeeping crew that can make the sofa in 3 minutes, professionally and without forgetting the extra amenities needed.
Some of the things I look for in a hotel might look trivial but are rather not correctly done or sometimes missing.
Checkin was quick, we ordered a deluxe king room and were upgraded to a junior suite which was beautiful. (note that it was fully renovated, not just partially) when I asked reception to send someone to make the sofa for my son, it took about 2 minutes and 2 housekeeping guys brought everything and made the bed professionally.
All the staff you meet are welcoming and smiling and you feel comfortable staying there.
If and when I visit Zurich again, I would definitely go back to the Wellenberg as it is a high class hotel. I can only recommend it strongly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank S_Koren
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is very good and is in a very nice neighborhood! The location is great allowing to walk to many places. The concierge is very kind and helpful. The bed is very good and the bathroom is ok. We stayed 3 days and everything worked fine. The temperature in Zurich was between 10/12 degrees Celsius and inside the room was good but sometimes i felt the room a little warm. As the Hotel has no air conditioning i do not know how is going to be in high Summer. You better ask!!! All bedroom windows are sound-proofed. The breakfast is pretty fair!?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple