All reviewsold towngreat locationcobblestone streetstrain stationrestaurants and barshotel is locatedbreakfast roomair conditioningcold cutsyogurtstayed nightsjunior suitereception staffwonderful hotelbreakfast was includedfonduestreet noise
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very kind staffs in reception ,excellent location near to city center and central train station. We stay in one of their best room as view and light.
lobby and elevator are small but you can forget it easily because of very good location, professional and kind staffs

Room Tip: high floor with city view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Wellenberg for two nights on vacation in September 2012 at the end of the summer tourist season.
We selected the hotel based on good reviews on Trip Advisor.
We experienced the good reviews as the hotel is within easy walking distance of Zurich Central Railway station, is easy walking distance to many attractions in Zurich, the rooms are clean, well appointed, comfortable and quiet. We had a top floor room overlooking the roofs of the adjacent buildings and Church spires whgich was really nice. The breakfast, included in the rate is very good. àWe would recommend the Wellenberg and would stay without hesitation again. Great restaurants close to the hotel; especially the Swiss restaurant across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nicely appointed, friendly hotel with fab smoking bar and good cigars!

The rooms are really nicely presented, with comfy beds and excellent bedding. The staff a really attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. For example our check out was at 5am hours before breakfast was due to be available. Recognizing this the front of house staff had organized a take away menu of fresh fruit, croissants, orange juice and yoghurts which was just what was needed to kick start my day!

The bar id very accommodating, and again the staff are very friendly and attentive. We enjoyed two cigars each, sipping famous wines and brandies.

The reception and public areas have some interest display of art, which is worth a look also.

If you are in Zurich I would heartily recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JamesSharpe
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I arrived early in the morning to the hotel and they were able to provide me with my room at that time. I was very grateful since I was tired and jetlagged from the flight from New York. I got a room overlooking a back patio or terrace. Not a great view but very quiet. The room and bathroom were on the small side per US standards but average for European rooms. The decor was mostly black, white and greys and boom! the touch of color was on the very bold window curtains. I liked the look of the room. I thought it was different and looked very "design". I also appreciated the wall to wall windows. The bathroom was very clean with good lighting and best of all, a small window in the shower. The shower was nice. It was a tiled cubicle. Very spacious for European standards. As in almost all hotels in Switzerland, breakfast was included in the price. It was well presented and served in a nice dinning room.
The location of the hotel could not be better. There were literally 4 restaurants right next to the hotel, among them Spaghetti Factory and Brasserie Louis. The street and the area where the hotel is located (Niederdorf) is very lively and it is great for walking at night.
So, all in all, a very good hotel for exploring Zurich.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JEOJC
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting a friend in Zurich. We had a junior suite, which was excellent for us and our two children. The hotel has an excellent location in the Old Town and is very convenient to public transport. The staff was friendly, didn't complain when I spoke hoch Deutsch and their English was also excellent.

Everything was very clean and well maintained. An excellent choice for us.

The room also seemed to have excellent soundproofing, twice we left our room to go out to be nearly deafened by the church bells which we couldn't hear at all in our room.

Room Tip: The junior suites are great for a family, room for everyone to sleep and still space to walk.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family