All reviewsold towngreat locationcobblestone streetstrain stationrestaurants and barshotel is locatedbreakfast roomair conditioningcold cutsyogurtstayed nightsjunior suitereception staffwonderful hotelbreakfast was includedfonduestreet noise
Reviewed March 4, 2013

One last night in Zürich before returning home to New York. I had found this hotel on a booking website (I had a credit to use) and the price was very correct for Zürich. It is located a block from the Limmat river directly in the beautiful old town and less than 5 minutes walking distance to the Bahnoffstrasse. I arrived in the morning and a room was available right away. The staff was very welcoming and wonderful especially the front desk manager (sorry I forgot your name).

The hotel has recently renovated rooms but not yet all of them so make sure you know which type you are booking. The room had a wonderful cozy feel, loved the bright colors, free internet, free breakfast (though I didn't use it). The bed and beddings were very comfy. One critic for the hotel that can easily be addressed with some training is that twice, two different employees (minibar and housekeeping) opened my door without knocking first.

I know one business reviewer mentioned not finding enough outlets in the room and wonder if he was in an older room. My room and especially the desk was loaded with outlets.

Overall I really enjoyed my very short stay at the Wellenberg hotel and would recommend it to my friends and clients (and will feature it in my upcoming app about Zürich).

Room Tip: The hotel is still in the process of renovating all the rooms, the one I pictured is the room I ended up having but the first one I got was more dated and borderline depressing. Make sure you know the type of room you book. I had room 403 which had a good amount of light and was very quiet.
1  Thank JonathanDucrest
Philipp B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Wellenberg, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear guest

Hope you had a safe trip back home to New York!
I would like to thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! It was a pleasure to share it with all the staff.
Please rest assured that I also talked to the housekeeping department to avoid the inconvenience caused of them.
I also would like to let you know that in all rooms (Standard and Deluxe) we have the same outlets.
Hope welcoming you back soon!
Best regards. Philipp Bode

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a very good hotel in a central Zurich location; the hotel has a very Swiss feel to it and whilst the rooms are small they are perfectly formed. Breakfast is great and the only diappointment was that the in hotel bar was closed as it was the staff night off...no problem though as the receptionist directed me to a nearby hostelry where the beer was good and the locals were friendly.

1  Thank Nickg450

Grüezi

Thank you for your kind words! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. In additional I would like to excuse me again for the "bar situation", but as you already mentioned the bar team had their "staff getaway" at this date. Thank god we're located in the center of Zurich, therefore the variety of bars and restaurants around us is quiet huge.
Kind regards. Philipp Bode

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Hotel has the best Location in the Old town. Friendly Service, stylish Roms (although some are quite small) The only negative thing: my Bathroom was Not really clean... Overall a positive experience. When going back to Zürich, I would chose this Hotel again, but only if the renovated Deluxe category is available. Price/ value is quite Good too. ( Consider the included breakfast and Free wifi)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Martin S
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Yes, the location at the Wellenberg is perfect. But if you're traveling on business, beware! I must have had the smallest room in the inn! No desk! No place to work except the bed. And I had to get help to find the one available outlet in the bedroom. In the morning I went to the business center but it was locked. I went downstairs to see if I needed a key and they told me the center was reserved for the day!! There were other little annoyances (like no light in the shower, no clock in the room, and a phone with dead batteries). That said, everyone was very nice! So if you are looking for a moderate place to stay in the Old Town of Zurich and you'll be out touring most of the day with no need to work, the Wellenberg is OK!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room!!
2  Thank eek2006
Philipp B, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Wellenberg, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear guest
First of all I would like to thank you for your reservation with us and your honest feedback.
I would like to let you know that the most of our rooms (42 of 45 rooms) have a desk in there.
Please let us know the next time that you need a desk to work. We would be happy to asign a perfect room for you. Regarding the busines center I also would like to tell you that it is always locked due to the fact that there is technical equippement in there...
Dear guest, I do not know in which room you stayed but all our rooms have light in the bathroom!!! Our rooms also provide a clock radio with automatic time and date indication on the bed table. Concerning the telefon and the batteries I would like to express my most sincere apology. Please rest assure that I already talked to the houskeeping department to avoid such inconveniences in the near future. Last but not least I would like to thank you very much for your kind words regarding our staff!
Hope to welome you once again to our hotel.
Best regards, Philipp Bode, Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Agree with recent true reviews by Andreas K, GeoHL and GrantLapping. We loved our all-too-brief stay in this idyllic spot. Our room was pure luxury! Manager and staff exemplary. Hairdresser at front door - yay! And snow on cue!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple