“Great Food!”

Sher-E-Punjab
Ranked #1,247 of 2,045 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is an Indian food restaurant which I frequently visit. It is open to general public.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went today and ordered dishes with lentils and Sher-E-Punjab Chilli Lamb Curry. They were very tasty but considering the place which is quite small and secluded close to Lochergut tram stop Zurich, maybe the price is slightly on a high side. The Lamb dish costs 27.50 CHF. Service was good because they allowed you to have flexibility on requests for spiciness of the dishes.

1  Thank Dewi E

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved the food with real punjabi food! Congratulations to Mr Amol Singh for running such a fab place.
We travelled quite a bit to reach his dhaba with two tram changes, bus ride and then by foot! So glad we made the effort! Must visit for all punjabi food lovers. Had a great chat in punjabi with Mr Amol. He is very pleasant and good
natured guy!

1  Thank Soniadubai
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a tiny restaurant, which you can easily miss if you don't spot it. Its best described as half off license/shop and half restaurant with a few tables. The kitchen is open so you can see your food being made fresh!

The quality of the food was excellent, although prices were on par with "proper" indian restaurants.

If you want home-made indian food in an informal homely environment be sure to check this place out!

3  Thank Sunny M
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Sit out for basic home food. Prices same as top restaurants, location and seating very ordinary along with shop items. Good to be called as a samosa type joint, do not know why it is accredited as a restaurant.

1  Thank Akash242
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I am of Punjabi origin and I know how Punjabi food is supposed to taste like. At Sher-e-Punjab, Mr. Singh cooks real Punjabi food. I don't like to use the word authentic as it's a word that gets tossed around everywhere nowadays but here, it is authentic.

I ate a mutton curry with chapatis and it was fantastic. It taste like real dhaba food. I don't know how the previous reviewer found the food to be average because it's the best tasting mutton curry I have had in Zürich. There is no Indian restaurant in Zürich that comes close to it and that's a fact.

And in regards to prices, the information provided by the previous review is false. I ate a mutton curry with chapatis and a large beer, all for 20 francs last week (Jan 2012). You will find nothing cheaper in an Indian restaurant in Zurich for less than 35 francs, so this place is well worth it.

When I ordered the meal, Mrs. Singh asked me how spicy I wanted it ... how heart warming! I'm so pleased that I've finally found authentic Punjabi food serving the real deal and NOT some watered down westernized stew.

The place is extremely small and is more like a takeaway with 2-3 tables rather than a restaurant. They also sell Indian snacks (Haldirams) and Bollywood movies.

Next time round I will be ordering a mix of vegetable masalas/curries.

If you know anything about Punjabi food, then this is the place for you. I've been to 90% of the Indian restaurants in Zürich and I assure you, this food is the best.

I love it.