“Highlight of my time in Zurich”

Thermalbad & Spa Zurich
Ranked #1 of 50 Spas & Wellness in Zurich
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A last minute decision to spend a few evening hours at the Thermalbad&Spa ended up being the highlight of our trip. Defining romantic : To be immersed in a rooftop hot tub seeing the sun set over Zurich on a chilly early spring evening ... cuddling with your hubby

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Finally cashed in on my Christmas present of a 3.5 hour "Sinnes-Genuss" Spa package. The package came with:
Entrance to the Roman-Irish Spa area (3.5 hours of bliss)
- Skin Peeling Massage (25 minutes)
- Mud bath (35 minutes)
- Herbal massage (25 minutes)
- A small snack.
In addition, it included general admission, which includes a great thermal bath with an amazing view of Zurich and distant (snow capped) mountains!!!

The total cost to Santa for this? 150 Swiss Francs! In addition, the staff were polite and professional and made no attempt to be tipped for service.

2  Thank BRCelt
Reviewed March 5, 2013

It's located in an old building of the former Hürlimann beer brewery. In the ancient cellar they built wooden basins: very original... BUT extremelly noisy place as you can guess. So it is IMPOSSIBLE to relax!

We haven't been in the Irish-Roman Spa because of a waiting queue of over an hour and a half...

The changing rooms were ridiculously small!

Taking the elevator will bring you to the rooftop, where a huge outdoor pool with a stunning view over the roofs of Zurich awaits for you... We were lucky to be there during the fullmoon and it was superb! It's also an unusual way of seeing Zürich!

BUT I wouldn't got back there at night because of the dozen couples having sex all over the place... it was so disgusting that we couldn't enjoy the place and left.

5  Thank WMacSwiss
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had a one-day lay-over in Zurich and spent the morning exploring the city. After I was too tired to walk any longer, I took the tram to the Thermalbad and Spa. I choose to do the general pools, as I only had 2 hours there. The rooftop pool was BY FAR my favorite. You can see the whole city while swimming around and relaxing. I spend most of my time up there. They do provide towels for an extra charge.

I had a few giggles to myself while trying to find my way around while inside the spa. All the signs are in German and I ALMOST walked into the men's changing room! Everything is clean, relaxing and very pleasant.

After swimming in the pools I took a shower in the shower room (bring your own shampoo and soap), and headed back to the airport to catch a flight. PERFECT activity to do before a long airplane! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We are American and were not quite sure what to expect at the baths but we had such an amazing time. Everything is co-ed, which took me some time to adjust to, but it is a wonderful experience. We paid extra for access to the Irish baths, that was well worth the money, and we paid for a private dressing room (since its men and women in the same dressing area - quite odd). We spent maybe 90 minutes checking out the baths and then went out to the roof hot tub, which was awesome!!, and then downstairs for some wine and pastries, back upstairs for more hot tub, and then called it a day. We just loved it and highly recommend it.

2  Thank khotze