“Why do places like this even exist?”
Review of Poestli - CLOSED

Poestli
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“Why do places like this even exist?”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The whole meal was a joke actually. Whoever is in the kitchen needs to be fired and pronto! I can cook better at home..and with my eyes closed so that says a lot.
My friend had a groupon deal for gambas a discretion for 39.- instead of 118.- for 2 people. Looking at the number of other deindeal and groupon offers they are running all the time, you can tell that this is desperate place and I can now totally see why. The fact that they cannot see what the problem is what is really flabbergasting. How on earth do you expect to serve this crap at these prices and expect your customers to come back?! Look at my picture...they should be ashamed to serve this! And they expect their regular customers to pay 59CHF per person for this?!? Sorry but that's just insanity! Yes, technically I could eat 2 or 3 plates like this since it's à discretion but who would want to unless they had been starving in the desert for 2 weeks? I guess the reason I am so upset is not just because it was a bad meal (this was not my first bad meal in Zürich and unfortunately probably won't be the last one either) but mostly because of the arrogance of their prices considering the absolutely abysmal quality of their cooking. The service was not the worst I've had and that's the only reason I don't give this place the poorest rating.

• Visited January 2013