“Well executed traditional food”

Restaurant Weisses Rossli
Ranked #34 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Central European, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Enge
London, United Kingdom
“Well executed traditional food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The food is quite simply very good. Each dish we tried was a well executed example of traditional food. My entree was gnocchi which was delicious. My main was schnitzel which was very good. I wish I'd tried the apple tart tatin. The wine was expensive, although I'm not sure this is not something which is typical of Zurich.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Swiss-French precision”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Each dish we had here was very well-executed (although very traditional in conception). We both had the gnocchi with sage-butter sauce as a starter. The gnocchi were perfectly cooked, fried on the outside and light and gooey on the inside. The sage leaves had been fried crisp and were delicious. My main course of veal cheeks arrived with the veal melting tender and the mashed potatoes smooth and buttery. My boyfriend had Wiener schnitzel and enjoyed it very much. The desserts looked delicious although we were too full to try. Wine was a little pricey, with the lower range around 55 - 65 francs. The staff were friendly and attentive and the chef spoke to us at the end to check that things were OK. Enjoyed it, but wasn't cheap.

1 Thank David G
Baden, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely below expectation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I came to have dinner in this restaurant with my husband. When we enter, there was a staff who opened the door and bring us to our table, the staff wasn't friendly enough because she don't smile at all.
I saw 2 staff, but the other was very charming and friendly, she offer the menu "chef recommendation " to me and my husband, but when I order it, she said it was sold out because they only have 3 stock left ( we were there very early, I notice we are the third guests only ).
The food was perfect but the price still too expensive, where you can get cheaper price in 5 star hotel restaurant.
The selection of the food was nothing special but I appreciate the touch " greeting from the chefs " which was free aperitif...
Overall the taste of the food was delicious, and the service was away below expectation.
I know that other place have better environment, ambience, location and service at last with worth price....

Limerick, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Imaginative food, perfectly executed. Charming, knowledgeable staff create a warm and friendly atmosphere. Came across this restaurant by accident, just a short walk (or 1 tram stop) across the river from Four Points by Sheraton hotel in Sihlcity, but would certainly make the trip from anywhere in the city to eat here.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Wendy B
zurich area
“Best restaurant in this part of town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure why but there is a dearth of decent restaurants in this part of Zurich...maybe the effect of so many clueless banking employees, who can say for sure!?

I've been on a few occasions at lunchtime and each time have opted for the excellent "business" menu. This comprises a soup/salad starter with a fish/meat main course and represents tremendous value at circa 30chf, especially when you consider the almost as expensive self serve trash that can be obtained at the nearby shopping mall.

Great service, nice quality, superb food. Perhaps the decor could be a little improved, it is a bit sparse but given the rest, I will forgive them this point. En gueta!

2 Thank geminder