“Casual Korean and Japanese eat-in, takeaway and asian supermarket”
Review of Yumi Hana

Yumi Hana
Ranked #1,585 of 2,072 Restaurants in Zurich
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have number 11 nearly every time - Flat noodles, prawns, veg and a hint of chilli.
Near the main station, eat outside in good weather.

1  Thank Citywurzel

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Yumi Hana is a nice place to grab lunch if you are in Zurich. It is not far from the Hbf. I am very picky about my Korean food since I have been to Korea often. I have eaten here many times. The food here is decent and the prices are reasonable for Zurich standards. Although, I do have a hard time paying ~20 CHF for kimchi jjigae when I pay less than 5 CHF in Korea. Oh well. An added bonus at Yumi Hana is that it is half store. It satisfies my kimchi jjigae cravings and I can stock up on Korean ramen and other things. I always stop at Yumi Hana when I am in Zurich.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Lovely surprise in Zürich. A corner of Korea ready to be discovered!

THE PLACE
It's small, therefore prepare yourself to wait in line to find a seat in case you are planning a Lunch. I'm not quite sure is the place stays open during evening; but I kind of doubt it! Waiting to access one of the few seats in this small rest is no big deal: half of the place is in fact a Korean / Japanese groceries store! I warmly suggest takeaway during warm season: there's plenty of lovely places where to seat and enjoy your lunch just outside the place. The staff is extremely efficient and once your meal is ordered it won't take long to enjoy it!
It's not cheap, but considered ZH standards it's still reasonable.

THE FOOD
Being my first time in a Korean restaurant I don't have any meter to judge whether it was close to the real thing or not. I've tried my dish and the one of the friend that went with me. I'll say that it was good, quite hot and just a bit too oily for my personal taste. A positive experience but overall dull. Anyway, I'll be back for sure! There are so many things I still want to try!

1  Thank Leolo78
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I highly recommend Yumi Hana. It's a very small restaurant, in fact it's more like a take away where you can eat. Nothing flashy at all. In summer, they have outside seating.

The food is very good and they offer most of the Korean dishes such as bulgogi, Kimchijigae and lots of noodle bowls. It is one of my favourite places to go for lunch when I'm in the city. For the price, it is an excellent option and the food is fresh and well prepared. So much more worth it than the other horrible westernized 'Asian' restaurants in Zürich.

They also have a shop in the back of the restaurant selling a wide variety of Korean and Japanese food items.

I went to Yumihana for lunch last week. I had Kimchi Zjige ... vegetables in a spicy Kimchi flavoured broth served with steamed rice on the side. There were a few pieces of meat in it but the dish was all about the broth and the veggies. It was fantastic. The chef does his cooking right in front of you, so you know it's fresh.

When you go, make sure you look at the items in the shop. I always come home with so much food stuff !

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Having being used to a Korean Bbq restaurant our expectations were high. Soon to be dashed by the absence of the BBQ itself we opted for tasting the food: vegetable pot, bibibab noodle and rice dish and some dumplings plusn kimchi starter. We wanted some pancakes but they ran out. Service quick was ultra quick till we found a suspicious hair which upset the waitress more
than us. No official apologies just grumpy faces from the service staff but instant offer to replace the dish. Nevertheless it's an okay place to eat although it feels more like a take away than a proper restaurant. Worth a try and conveniently close to the train station. 6/10

1  Thank Mazlaghan