“double luxury room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Zurich
Ankara, Turkey
“double luxury room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I spent a week at Hotel Krone with my 2 year old. We booked a double luxury room with a kitchenette, but I later found out that there is only a "kettle" in the kitchenette where I can make my own coffee and a small size fridge. they do not allow you to cook anything for security reasons.
my friends were staying in standard double room and there was much more space than in the double luxury room. i didn't really get why I had to pay much more money for no real service. plus the "luxury room" is in the building behind the actual hotel and there was only one person at the reception when i did my check-in and i had to carry my 2 year-old and the suitcase to the room myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
differente, Manager at Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your feedback and the time you have dedicated to inform us about your opinion. It is possible to equip the Townhouse rooms with a microwave and addtional cutlery. However, we would need to know before or during your stay, if you would like to have these accessories since they are not standardised in the room. Of course, we would have offered you a double room in our main building during your stay. We apologize, that you were not escorted to your room upon check-in. This is our regular procedure and we highly regret, that we did not provide this service, when you arrived. However, we would be more than happy to welcome you again in our hotel and to be able to prove our service again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Definitely the perfect place to stay for 1 or more nights. Service was very good, free wifi available, restaurant open til quite late (compared to usual Swiss timings), good food, everyone was very kind. The room was comfortable and clean.
More than happy to go back to this hotel for my next stay in Zuerich.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Marcellinax
Lucknow, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for two nights with our 5 yr old son. They refused to serve us breakfast as we were late by a couple of minutes and there were still people having breakfast. We told them that we have a small kid but still all they can manage was a glass of milk and we have to pay for our tea even though our breakfast was included in the room rate. The restaurant staff is very snooty and won't smile back even if u smile at them. Next we will prefer to stay at another hotel in Zurich with a friendlier staff.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Tour1973
differente, Manager at Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor and the time you have dedicated to give us your feeback. We apologize, that our staff did not meet your expectations. We have informed them about this situation and sensitized them again about our high standards towards customer care. Nevertheless we hope to welcome you again in our hotel in order to be able to prove our service.
Bergstrasse, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I think this is a really nice hotel, centrally located with a tram in front of the hotel. The food in the Bar&Grill Restaurant is superb. Reception service was very friendly, the room clean and enough space (got an upgrade on arrival to double room, booked single). Breakfast was okay. Nothing special. The only thing I really didn`t like was the fact, that when I came to the restaurant and asked for one of the tables at the windows, they told me that this is not possible as I am single only, and this was a table for four people. I was suprised as I was the only one in the restaurant. The hotel was not completely booked and their where no reservation for other guests. So I insisted on the window table again. A lady from management showed up and explained to me again, that this is not allowed from hotel management! Only when I said that I will leave the restaurant, I was allowed to sit at the window :-( => BTW: During the next 45min, NOBODOY showed up. So the restaurant was empty when I came and still was empty when I left. I understand the intention of having single persons sitting on smaller table, but in a situation where the whole restaurant is empty, I do not. A bit more customer orientad approach required here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joker4u
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor. We highly appreciate your information. Your feedback helps us to check our service. We apologize for your inconvenience you have faced in our restaurant. We have briefed our restaurant staff about this situation. Nevertheless we hope to welcome you again in our hotel.
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

A excellent hotel to stay in Zurich, very clean, big room, many options in breakfast.
Near to many tourists points. A TRAM station in front of it.

The bad thing is the computer in lob, it is very dificult to use.

I pretend, in my netx trip, to go this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dihego
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is a really nice hotel that is not too far from the city centre.
I stayed in the new annex in a lovely room, but I managed to cut my head quite badly on the TV set hanging from the wall bracket! It was an accident waiting to happen! Sadly, when I reported the incident, the staff had absolutely no knowledge of what to do in case of any mishap - not even an accident report book. The response from the management was that I should have looked where I was going! So much for Swiss hospitality. A free breakfast would have been nice. I hasten to add that I have GOOD vision!

Room Tip: The new annex is quieter than the main hotel building.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank asra43
differente, Manager at Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your feedback and the time you have dedicated to inform us about your stay. We highly regret you accident in the hotel room. We have noted your incident and the danger spot will be taken into consideration for the next renovation of the rooms. Nevertheless we hope to welcome you again in our hotel and wish you all the best.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel was nice and new. The rooms are spacious and comfy. The bathroom is good and it has everything you need for a night stay. The hotel provided a parking spot for us that is indoor.

The hotel is also animal friendly (with a charge of course!) as we were traveling with a dog. The staff are pleasant and helpful. It is right next to a tram stop so getting to town isn't too difficult. However, the location is a bit far from town so be prepared to learn how to take the trams (the ticket machines are a bit tough to manage in the beginning!).

Overall it's a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Get a room away from main road because it is right by the tram track.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends