“Beautiful Zurich”

Ranked #43 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
New York City, New York
“Beautiful Zurich”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The city is beautiful and it's a toss up on which is prettier, Zurich or Lucerne. I have to say that this hotel did not let me down. The hotel is very close to the main train station. From there, we traveled all over Switzerland. The hotel serves a delicious breakfast. It is also very close to the city center. I almost stayed at the Xtra Hotel, and I'm glad I didn't because this hotel is much nicer. The people at the front desk were informative. If I were to stay in Zurich again I would stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Europeantraveler0504
Wiebke K, Manager at Hotel Montana, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Europeantraveler

thanks a lot for your nice and friendly comment. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and your stay in Zürich. I will gladly pass on their positive feedback to my employees. We always strive to make every stay memorable and personalized.

Best regards from Switzerland and maybe welcome again
W. Kuhlmei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my second stay in this hotel. It is only two to three minutes walk away from the central railway station, and there are a number of good restaurants within a few hundred metres. The street it is located in is quiet with no noise from the trains. The room is comfortable with a nice soft bed and duvet and a plasma screen wall mounted TV which has channels in all different languages. There is underfloor heating which cannot be regulated, so the room was quite hot and I had to open the window to cool it down a bit, but I did not mind that as it was nice to get some fresh air. It was minus 5 degrees outside but the room was never too cold. The bathroom was small but had everything you need including a shower above the tub and liquid soap on the wall. I did not have time for breakfast but there was a huge range of items. I did eat in the hotel's Konrad restaurant one night and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality - I had the traditional Zurich speciality of veal with mushrooms in sauce and potato rosti which was excellent. This would definitely be my choice of hotel in Zurich for my next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wiebke K, Manager at Hotel Montana, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear caroline46
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our stay in our hotel.
I will gladly pass on your positive comments to my team. This encourages us to continue to beautify our guests' stay. I hope to welcome you again in Hotel Montana and best regards from zurich.
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was here with my wife for my honeymoon in september .... And it was more like a transit hotel to us because we had to go to interlaken and zurich has the international airport. Its very near to the train station , very nicely built and a complete value for money ... nice and helpful staff and also very delicious food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dimpy1990
Wiebke K, Manager at Hotel Montana, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Dimpy1990
Thank you for your positive review. I really hope that your round trip through Switzerland will long be remembered as an unforgettable experience. I am glad that we could be a part of this and thank you for your trust. Kindest regards from Zurich
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is to be avoid... Not much to say about it. The only good thing I can say it was clean. Beside it I wouldn't go their. Last but least they charge extra for fried eggs at breakfast! Never saw extra in breakfast. ,,,.,,,,,,,.........

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 276David
Wiebke K, Manager at Hotel Montana, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Nentanya
Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry that you have been told that addidionally ordered eggs costs extra. This is not our service concept and I want to apologize for the mistake by my colleague. Based on your review, we have in the last week conducted a training session for our service team and discussed various points on this topic. We are always trying to improve ourselves and thanks to your comments to us, this is surely succeed.

Best Regards
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Very helpful staff, clean, minimalist room with super shower, quiet during the night, complimentary coffee during the day, free wifi, decent breakfast with bacon and eggs as well as usual European fare of breads, fruit & cheese. Main attractions all within walking distance but area around station late at night no too calm or inviting! Overall a great place for a couple of nights.

• Stayed February 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Best Western Hotel Montana is one of the ideal hotels in Zurich, its 5 minutes walk to Zurich HB the main train station & the National Museum even for walking distance to the old town with many attractions. Me and my wife were greeted with warm welcome by the smiling receptionist and she was very helpful to us, our room was very clean and tidy, Hotel breakfast was very awesome and we loved it, surely we will come to this hotel again and will recommend this to everyone! from Dishal & Sara (Room #508)

Room Tip: Room 508 was very clean and tidy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dishal-Sara
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Best Western Hotel Montana is perfectly located in Zurich, adjacent to the main train station and the National Museum and within walking distance of the old town. The hotel's somewhat nondescript facade doesn't match the inside interior and decor. I took the train and found the hotel fairly easy. Make sure you exit the station on Museumstrasse, where you will turn left a couple of blocks before taking the next street over which is Konradstrasse. An easy landmark is the St. Gallerhof restaurant. The hotel is on that street (you will see the sign of the hotel as you approach).

The lady manning the front desk was very nice and helpful,offering even to help with my bags. There is one elevator that is fairly slow, but can fit several people as long as there is not a lot of luggage. Going up the elevator you will notice that the interior decor is split in half. One half looks to be more modern with red accents highlighting this side. The other side of the hotel looks like a Spanish villa. The wallpaper, pictures and other accessories make it feel like you are at home.

The room itself was large enough as long as you don't plan on spending too much time inside. There is a small table with chair under the window, as well as a desk. The window was angular and had both a blind and curtain. Temperature control was somewhat a problem, as it could get pretty warm inside. Also, you might have to play with the lights to get them to work. They could use more lighting in the room in order to brighten the room up and make it easier to see.

The American style breakfast was really good with both hot and cold choices. You also get to choose what type of coffee you want (black, espresso, cappuccino, etc). Coffee is available throughout the day, however the machine wasn't working and was too confusing anyways to operate. It supposedly is free as listed in the room, but there is a price list next to the machine that says there is a charge. Not sure what the correct answer is regarding the availability of coffee.

I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo