Hotel Adler Zurich(Zurich)
$182
$274
$254
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $281/night.

$233
$175
$125
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$220
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$504
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationrubber duckminute walkmain stationold townfamily roomclose to the hotelsmall hotelcity centreenjoyable stayyogurtespresso machineother citiesquiet locationnice roomcontinental breakfastsingle room
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Fantastic small hotel with a lovely feel to it . We stayed 3 knights and would have stayed longer if we had more time it was one of the nicest hotels we stayed at in our last trip .Rooms where large and very nicely appointed with all amenity's . The staff at this hotel where the best we had inc outed obliging helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was excellent and the location good can recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SRieprich, Manager at Sorell Hotel Rex, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Rohan O,
Thank you for taking the time to write this outstanding review about our Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always do our best to make our customers happy. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for a night in May 2013. As we were a group of four, we took the family room. Prices for the hotel was reasonable considering we were quite near the city centre, a short 15min walk into town or 2-3 stops if you took the tram.

Comfortable place to stay, room was big spacious enough for us, but the cleanliness could be improved. I found strands of hair, which were not my own on my pillow which made me wonder if the sheets were changed. Didn't dare look any further for fear of finding other things.

I parked behind the hotel and I see some reviewers saying the parking behind the hotel is free but I believed I was charged by the front desk. So that kinda confuses me. Though they were very helpful in assisting us to find our way about the city.

Breakfast which comes with the room, was one of the best I had so far in Switzerland. Good croissants and a wonderful spread; fresh eggs, fruit, muesli, yoghurt, smoked salmon, a small selection of ham. Very helpful kitchen staff. They didn't seem to speak very good english but managed to help me when I had problems with the coffee machine. Which I find is a rare thing in Switzerland. If they can't speak english, they are generally rude to you. So this was a pleasant change.

In summary, the good: Convenient, great breakfast, value for money.

The bad: Poor cleanliness, confusing car parking information

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
SRieprich, Manager at Sorell Hotel Rex, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Reg L
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on tripadvisor.
We are doing our best to continually improve our service. Your feedback helps us to check standards and to adapt these if necessary.
We are sorry to hear that the room wasn't entirely clean; usually cleanliness is one of our highest standards but unfortunately sometimes something small slips through.
Regarding the parking situation I would like to explain that the parking spots around the hotel are free of charge. We have 3 parking pots which can be reserved in advance and cost CHF10 per night. If someone reserves one of this but parks the car on one of the free parking spots we still charge for this because we keep the reserved parking free just for this person although we might have had requests for parking before. Maybe this is what has happened to you. We are sorry for this confusion. But we still hope you will return to Zurich and stay with us so we can Show you that we can do even better.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We booked this quite late during the BaselWorld Fair where everything in Basel (and sometimes, Zurich) would be booked out months in advance and hotel prices will be higher than the already high Swiss hotel prices.

They still had rooms for our party of 3 (all separate rooms) and we also had some items shipped up to the hotel which they held for us with not much problems. I stayed 5 nights.

The hotel is conveniently located just 2-3 tram stops from the Old Town city centre/Zurich Hautbahnof (2-3 depending on where you get on and get off), either Tram 7 or 15 (both can be taken from the HBF tram stop and 7 can be taken from the first tram stop on the shopping street, in front of L'occitane shop).
This makes it conveniently located close enough to the city centre but away from the hustle and bustle. It was lovely coming back to a quiet and peaceful street after a busy day at the Basel fair and/or the busy Zurich HBF/city centre.

My room (103) was twin comfort for 1 person and it was huge. Especially the bathroom which had a large window for light and window seat, even! The mirror was also long and huge and there was a wall ledge beneath it for all my lotions and potions, lol. The shower stall was a little small in such a large bathroom though. But really, I loved the bathroom and no complaints. They gave me at least 5 towels a day (2 baths, 1 hand towel and 1 face, 1 bathmat towel - which you need because the stall does leak some water) and that's great.
The room itself faced the street but I didn't find it noisy although I was a little worried people could really look right into the room if I didn't draw the curtains. The bathroom window faced the street too but I'm hoping with it being frosted and Switzerland's respect of privacy, I'm safe.

I felt the cleanliness could be improved a little though for the room because I didn't think they vacuumed everyday and definitely, my sheets weren't changed cos' I noticed some strands of hair (my own) still there after 3-4 nights.
The room has an air cooler which isn't quite air conditioning, for the time I was there which was end of April. I can expect that will not be sufficient for a hot summer.
Well-equipped room with plenty of hooks, storage, a couch and power sockets so absolutely no other complaints except for the cleanliness bit.

My colleague had a Superior Room at the top floor with a verandah and that was nice but her room got quite a lot of sun so it could be really hot even though we switched the air cooler on but anyway,the temperature dropped in Switzerland after 2 days of us being there.

Lastly, the breakfast which comes with the room, was excellent. Very very delicious croissants (even the wholemeal ones which I noticed people avoided but I took anyway were good!), fresh eggs, fruit, muesli, yoghurt, smoked salmon, a small selection of ham, a good spread of very good cheese, a range of nice cereal and lots of teas to choose from.
I enjoyed my breakfast every morning even as we were rushing for the commute to Basel and it definitely filled me up good and well till my usually late lunch at the fair.

Overall, I think I would consider staying here again for the quiet but convenient location (Tram 15 btw, takes you the restaurant street because aside from an Italian down the Otikkerstrasse, there's not much else to eat) and the satisfying and good breakfast.
It was pricey though for what it is but I guess that's Swiss hotels for you, and especially during such a large fair.

Room Tip: Room 103 has a wonderfully large bathroom although it faces the street but it wasn't too noisy and I think quite private.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SRieprich, Manager at Sorell Hotel Rex, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Daphneghs,
Thank you very much for leaving such a long and nice review about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would come back.
Regarding changing the sheets I would like to point out that we only do that every 3 nights because of environmental issues. If our guests like to have them changed every day we of course do it daily. Otherwise I am glad that you were satisfied with our services, equipment and breakfast. Hopefully we will see you again soon or maybe next year for the Baselworld.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at the Sorell Hotel Rex in Zurich for a weekend in May 2013. Here are a few observations of my stay:
1) Good room amenities for a 3-star hotel (minibar, safe, hair-dryer, LCD TV, etc.)
2) Request for a room facing the back of the hotel with a grandlit bed was honored,
3) Breakfast was ok but can become crowded at times (limited seating),
4) Location is close to Ottikerstrasse tram station (7 & 15 lines), which is few stops from the main train station and Bahnhofstrasse,
5) Fast and free Wi-Fi in the rooms and across the entire hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a light-sleeper, request a room facing the back of the hotel. And if you want a single room, request a room with a grandlit bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank elnakma

Dear elnakma
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel on tripadvisor.
We are always happy to hear that our guests enjoy their stay with us and recommend our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Rex one night on the very beginning of May. It enjoys wonderful location 12-15 minutes walk from HB and from Bahnhofstrasse in very rich neighbourhood.
It was the most tasty breakfast in the last 3 years and I travel Europe a lot.
Plenty of free parking spaces behind the Hotel
cons: single rooms very small, price is very high (as evrywere in Zurich), no airconditioning.
Overall very good Hotel if you stay in winter or spring.

Room Tip: 4th floor garden facing
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear tultul
Many thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. Especially we like your comment about the breakfast.
Regarding the air conditioning I would like to point out that our comfort and superior double rooms have a small air condition which cool down the rooms in the summer. Unfortunately we do not have that in every room but please feel free to ask for a room like this when you make a reservation next time. We look forward to welcoming you back.