Hotel Adler Zurich(Zurich)
$231
$202
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $228/night.

$264
$480
$467
Hotels.com
$129
Movenpick.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$146
$131
  • Room Service
$268
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationrubber duckminute walkmain stationold townfamily roomclose to the hotelsmall hotelcity centreenjoyable stayyogurtespresso machineother citiesquiet locationnice roomcontinental breakfastsingle room
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at the Sorell Hotel Rex in Zurich for a weekend in May 2013. Here are a few observations of my stay:
1) Good room amenities for a 3-star hotel (minibar, safe, hair-dryer, LCD TV, etc.)
2) Request for a room facing the back of the hotel with a grandlit bed was honored,
3) Breakfast was ok but can become crowded at times (limited seating),
4) Location is close to Ottikerstrasse tram station (7 & 15 lines), which is few stops from the main train station and Bahnhofstrasse,
5) Fast and free Wi-Fi in the rooms and across the entire hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a light-sleeper, request a room facing the back of the hotel. And if you want a single room, request a room with a grandlit bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank elnakma
SRieprich, Manager at Sorell Hotel Rex, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear elnakma
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel on tripadvisor.
We are always happy to hear that our guests enjoy their stay with us and recommend our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Rex one night on the very beginning of May. It enjoys wonderful location 12-15 minutes walk from HB and from Bahnhofstrasse in very rich neighbourhood.
It was the most tasty breakfast in the last 3 years and I travel Europe a lot.
Plenty of free parking spaces behind the Hotel
cons: single rooms very small, price is very high (as evrywere in Zurich), no airconditioning.
Overall very good Hotel if you stay in winter or spring.

Room Tip: 4th floor garden facing
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear tultul
Many thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. Especially we like your comment about the breakfast.
Regarding the air conditioning I would like to point out that our comfort and superior double rooms have a small air condition which cool down the rooms in the summer. Unfortunately we do not have that in every room but please feel free to ask for a room like this when you make a reservation next time. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Room - absolutely beautiful. Scandinavian modern design. Beautiful balcony views. Furniture was exquisite.
The breakfast was included. Best we had in all of our trip. Wonderful coffee, bacon & pastries.
Staff was very helpful with recommendations & getting around town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tracey A
We would like to thank you for the amazing comments that we were able to receive. We are happy that you really enjoyed your stay with us and recommend the hotel on tripadvisor.
We hope to see you again! All the best for you!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The good:
-convenient location in a quite well served area, not far from the train station
-super clean room
-nespresso machine and boiler in every room; you will find also a couple of nespresso capsules, a couple of tea bags and a couple of tisane bags. The only problem is that you will find only two small cups which are right for an espresso, but really to small for a tea or a tisane
-very confortable mattresses and pillows
-great breakfast: you can have everything: lots of beverages, fruit juices, croissants, marmelades, german bread, ham, salami, very good cheeses, fruits...

The bad:
-free parking has only 8 places, if you arrive late you won't find one for sure
-free wi-fi works only with smartphones, not with laptops
-rooms are well protected from noises coming from outside the hotel, but not from noises inside the hotel

The evil:
-very "cold" service
-when I asked where I could park (since the free parking was already full) they gave incomplete information: "you can park in blue zone until 8 am", actually you can park until 9 am (from 6 pm), you just have to display the parking disk with your time of arrival between 6pm and 8 am; I know this doesn't sound a big deal, but 1hr of sleep it's a big deal to me!
-there was a continuous low noise, like water running in a pipe, all night long.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
SRieprich, Manager at Sorell Hotel Rex, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear S W,
Thank you for writing this detailled comment on tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and also the use of the Nespresso machines in the room. We only have the small cups in the room because our clients mostly have a cup of espresso but we are happy to bring bigger cups to the room if necessary.
You are right we only have some parking spots which are located around the building and are free of charge. On some days it is no problem to find a parking spot late in the evening; on other days those are already full in the afternoon but we are glad to at least have those 9 parking spots. In the city centre a lot of hotels do not have free parking at all. We also have some extra parking spots for rent which can be reserved in advance.
I am sorry that the front desk employee did not give you the exact information regarding the blue zone parking. I will train them once more so this does not happen again.
Our free wifi works on all devices: smartphone, tagblets and laptops. You just have to get the password via sms login but you can do that via the laptop and also use the internet on the laptop after logging in.
So when you return to Zurich we would be happy to show you that we can do better and explain the wifi login in detail to you.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel in February 2013. I was booked here by my hosts from ETH, so I did not put too much thoughts into alternatives. The hotel is a good 20 minute walking distance from the train station, and uphill, so if you come with luggage, the tram is a better choice, and it stops very close to the hotel. I arrived on the first night at 11pm, and the hotel was closed. I had to buzz someone, who gave me the instructions of where to get the key. There was, of course, no one at the reception, so I had no clue, for example, what would be the password for the wireless internet. Breakfast was decent, and the room was big enough and certainly clean. One thing that bothered me (and I found it later also in other hotels in Switzerland and also in my friend's house), was that the toilette paper was very rough compared to what I would consider acceptable. I guess you have to get use to it from young age...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear YigalM,
Thank you for writing a positive review about your stay in our hotel.
I am sorry to hear that you had problems with detailled informations because you checked-in after our opening hours. But I am glad that everything worked well with ringing the bell and getting the entrance key out of the box. In the letter which is waiting at the front desk for our late arrivals we explain the important information about location of the room, front desk and breakfast hours and also the wifi log-in. On the desk in the room you also find a guide with all necessary information.
Hopefully we can welcome you personally when you come next time.