This had been my first visit to Switzerland and to Zurich , as a first time visitor I would like to make sure that I should see all things aroun in short span . Considering Zurich is very Over Priced , this did suited our budget for some of the reasons
1. All Attractions are walking distance atleast for me , 1 km or so
2. You have Airport Tram just outside Hotel ie Tram # 10 takes 30 min or 23 stops to reach Airport so very comfortable
3. Central and Main Station is also nearby
4. At the Back ie 100 -150 m you find , places to eat , Mc Donald , Clubs , Bars , etc as a Part of Night Life
As per hotel staff , they are friendly and in general good . A little more could have been expected but for CHF 275 per night , its acceptable .
Break fast , well not a very good part specially the eggs which were not boiled properly , and No Hot Milk was served . I asked she said it would take 3 minutes but that never came. Any how No complains . I would not recommend break fast . Its like New york type Hotel in Manhatten where every sq ft is costly . But thats about breakfast . Do not excpect too much here .
Secondly I would say for everything there was a Charge , you cant watch TV need to pay CHF 24 I suppose
Internet , well thats the worst aspect , they have LAN connection but charge 18 CHF , oohh , how very pathetic . Go to Sunrise take a 20 Franc card and enjoy 1 Franc per day unlimited Internet . Or you can use Wifi only at reception area . Which is little uncomfortable for us . Dont know why they have not done anything on the same.
Rooms were Ok , I was on 6th Floor , very small lift , just like NewYorker Hotels . Room Size ok , Beds Comfortable and more importantly peaceful.
Yes can be recommended , but prices of Some Hotels nearby you can find upto 175 CHF , not sure if thats important
Thats all about it .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •70 air-conditioned, cozy and compact budget rooms at reasonable rates. According the international Standard of Comfort by Choice Hotels.•LAN high-speed and WLAN Internet Connection (at a fee), in room air conditioner, direct-dial phones, safe deposit box and cable-TV (12 languages).. complimentary Wireless LAN in public aereas• Superb Champagne-breakfast-buffet.Starting 06:15 a.m.• complimentrary Internet Corner.. Smoker lounge • «Early bird breakfast».• Hotel Airport Shuttle (against a fee).• Complimentary tea and coffee bar with international newspapers.•Panorama-roo with a view to mount Uetliberg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Hotel Royal Zurich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Royal Zurich Hotel
- Comfort Inn zürich
- Comfort Inn Zurich
- Royal Zurich Comfort Inn
- zürich Comfort Inn