Engimatt City-Gardenhotel
$515
$478
$283
  • Breakfast included
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
$222
Baur au Lac(Zurich)
$714
$673
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice quiet hotelbusiness tripthe air conditioningironing boardpublic transportcoffee makerlong weekendrooms are largetram linestandard roomreception staffreception arealakecitypillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Here on business this week. I had to choose between the Sheraton Four Points placed perfectly in the mall and around the corner from Engimatt which is tucked in a little neighborhood. It's very quiet here so I thought I'd get a lot done. That's just not the case when I need the Internet and my company email. They may have a local wireless router connected like you do at home but the actual Internet Service is slow...repeat S-L-O-W. It's so freakin'g slow, that DSL would be light speed. We're used to ComCast, AT&T and Cox being GREAT providers with speed. You'd think a hotel competing for business travelers would have a good internet service. Hands down and no emotions held back --- THIS SUCKS. My last stay.. I won't return,

Room Tip: If you need Internet - DO NOT STAY HERE. If you want peace and quiet -- STAY HERE. If you smoke -- you'll love the Cigar Room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Blackhawkjxx7
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The staff at the hotel really were excellent. They were extremely helpful and able to answer all of my questions. They did everything that they possibly could to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel is a little bit out of the main city area, but there are excellent tram links meaning everywhere is easily accessible. The food was really good too. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Doris094
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here for one night recently on a business trip. The hotel is basic enough but it is clean, the staff were friendly, my room was a reasonable size (they had upgraded me though), so all good. Breakfast was also fine, it could be improved on.
I would suggest is that they change the pillows, i had one pillow only and it was so flat. Provide a couple of make the 1 bigger.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Matilda2Ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We used to stay in the top hotels in Zürich before, but since a few years ago, my wife had to stay 2 weeks in a local hospital and my adult children had joined me during that time, I had looked for a better priced alternative. Since, we have been returning.
Since this a mainly a business hotel (I guess), weekend tariffs are good value for money.
The hotel is walking distance from the city center, yet in a very quit street, has a garage, serves good traditional food and good breakfast. It has a large outdoor area under the trees.
The rooms are quite formal and a bit dull but very clean and practical. Free wifi, minibar etc.
Very good service. Good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karel V
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I like to stay at the Engimatt since it gets all the essentials right for a better price than others in the immediate surrounding. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, the bathrooms inviting and the internet is decent. It's decor is nice if a bit on the traditional side (for European standards) and the rooms can be actually somewhat small (think single twin bed) but these are things I don't mind as much as the essentials mentioned above. I do stay often in this area and always like to come back to this hotel. Last time I was in a more recently renovated room which was quite nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business