All reviews train station vegetarian restaurant garden restaurant excellent location old town nespresso machine room facing central location shopping area excellent stay business hotel would highly recommend this hotel walking distance breakfast was included minute walk welcome drink very nice hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2018

We had an excellence 4 days stay at the hotel. Special thanks to Mr Matthias Sutter and his team for giving us first class Swiss Hospitality that we all heard so much about.

The room was lovely and the people at the desk was so friendly and always willing to help us with our tour booking and luggage. The hotel was easily access via tram ( just 2 stops aways )from Zurich HB and stop at Reenweg or a quick 10 min walks past all the lovely shopping paradise. The 4th floor where we stayed have apples place at the corridor for guest. Will surely come back and stay there again.

1  Thank ToriA117
Hotelier03, Manager at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear guest
In the name of the whole team we would like to thank you for your lovely review and the 5 star score you gave us. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

I was here for business and everything we needed it had. The rooms were very good and the staff was great! The location was great and I would definitely recommend this to all my friends and family. I will definitely stay again!

1  Thank David L
Hotelier03, General Manager at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for your lovely review and the 5 star score you gave us and for pointing out your great satisfaction. I hope there are many more visits to come.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Pros:

The location is very central. Everything is a short walk away. The main train station is a convenient 8-10min walk even with luggage.

The room / bathroom was clean and the view was pleasant. We had the room overlooking the street and the HILTL restaurant. It isn't noisy if the windows are closed.

The staff was excellent.

The breakfast was very good.

A grocery store (COOP) is next to the hotel and HIlTL restaurant (vegetarian) is opposite the hotel.

Cons:

We stayed twice in different rooms on different floors. During both our stays, the bathroom door handle was rusted on both sides. We used a tissue to slide open and close the door every time. The chair situated near the telephone desk had the coating / polish worn out / scraped off from the top.

I noticed someone else also posted a review with photos of the same problems.

I wish the hotel would pay attention to these petty maintenance problems.

Besides that, it is a great hotel. I would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank distantbells

Dear guest

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay with us at our property. I am glad to read that the majority of your stay was a positive experience. The points you raised have been addressed with all relavant personnel and I hope we have the opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

I always try to find new hotels for cities I visit once or twice a year but in Zurich I didn't find a place with rooms as nice and spacious, very well located , with good breakfast and with good service as the Glockenhof. Price is the only thing that makes it tough but all hotels in zurich are on the pricey side. Highly recommended.

1  Thank icorem

Dear guest
First of all I would like to thank you for your loyalty towards the Hotel Glockenhof and for your lovely review. I am very pleased to hear that the hotel fulfilled all your expectations and we hope to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

i was picking this hotel because its walking distance from the cbd n shopping area. the room very cozy, heated floor, clean and nice bed. very surprised they even provided a cloth roll cleaner for a guess.
i ve been to hundreds of hotels and this one is very nice to be re visited again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Travelle99bandung
Hotelier03, Geschäftsführer at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share the recent experience you have had at the Glockenhof. I am glad that we were able to surprize you in a prositive way. Your satisfaction is our utmost reward. Hopefully we have the opportunity to welcoming you back real soon.