“Excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel Glockenhof

Hotel Glockenhof
Ranked #24 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel location is excellent. The food is excellent. Parking is available. The interior design is of modern style. Nespresso machine I was available in the room. 4 stars but feels like 5. Close to High end shopping district and Lake.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Hotelier03, Manager at Hotel Glockenhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you soon again.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Glockenhof

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The location is fantastic-just one block away from Banhofstrasse, the main shopping district. But what was most impressive was the excellent service of the hotel staff. Firstly, because of my early morning flight, I reached the hotel at 10am. But with a smile, they offered me an early check-in...which gave me a much needed quick rest before my business meetings. The laundry service got my jacket ironed at less than 5 minutes-which was a great help. The front desk staff were very helpful with a genuine caring attitude. The breakfast spread was one of the best , I have seen in recent times-and the restaurant people was extremely efficient in serving to individual needs. I'll definitely recommend this hotel to both business and leisure travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Hotelier03, Manager at Hotel Glockenhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear guest
Thank you for your excellent review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed 4 nights in this hotel for professional reason. The hotel is very well located. As it is on the Bahnhof Strasse, you can easily take the bus. There are a lot of shops and bank nearby.

The hotel is very clean. Rooms have very nice bathrooms and have very soft beds with multiple pillows.

I recommand this hotel!

Tips: try their mojito!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Hotelier03, Manager at Hotel Glockenhof, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share the recent experience you have had at the Glockenhof. Zurich is always worth a trip whether it is for privat or business reasons. We are looking forward to be of service again to you in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Hotel met our expectations. Our kids loved it. The adjoining rooms are nice and the hotel staffs are very friendly and helped us with taxi and directions. Highly recommended! We'll stay again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear guest

Thank you very much for the 5* review and your lovely words. We are hoping that we have now become a top choice for you whenever you visit Zurich.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel more than once. In certain cities of the world I have my favourite hotel. Sometimes you stay at a place again out of habit, but sometimes you come back because you want to. And in some cities you have no brand preference - you always or generally try a different hotel.

I chose to return to the Glockenhof because the standard of quiet but attentive service is great. The staff are good, the lobby are and rooms are spotless, the decor is simple but effective, the sheets are always crisp and the hotel is reasonably well-located in a quiet part of the quiet city. The main restaurant (Conrad) is also pretty good. Overall, it is hard to fault this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nathan1000

Dear guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your loyalty towards the Hotel Glockenhof and for sharing this review with the travel community. I am glad to hear that you felt very well looked after by the entire team and that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Just returned from a 27 day trip to Europe which included a 15 day river cruise. Spent 6 nights, at Best Western Glockenhof, clean, spacious room, large convenient bathroom, wonderful breakfast and very accommodating staff. Great location, we were able to walk to the train station and the bus depot where we had to go to pickup our tours. Also close to Bahnhostrasse shopping street. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Zurich. One small draw back, we ate dinner in the restaurant and my husband had their fish and chips. so salty he couldn't eat it and he uses tons of salt at home otherwise, a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on inner side probably quieter as there is a club right across the street. In all fairness the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at the Glockenhof. I am glad to read that the majority of your stay was a positive experience. For the salty Fish & Chips I deeply apologize and I will discuss this with the kitchen team at the next meeting. I hope that you told the service staff and got a replacement.

We hope there are many more visits to come.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed there one evening. Total was 332 CHF. Not far from the main train station [Bahnhof]. I know Best Western in the US is not a premium brand, but this hotel was very nice. I had a separate tub and a nice shower. Spacious room. Staff was nice enough to research the train schedule for me and printed out the details.

Room Tip: Nice open staircase that is easy to use which I prefer over elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Hotelier03, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Glockenhof, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to change your view of the Best Western Hotels. Hopefully we have the opportunity to welcoming you back real soon.