“Nice team, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection

You added Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stampfenbachstrasse 60 | 8006 Zurich, Zurich 8006, Switzerland   |
Special Offer
UP TO -40% OFF
Ranked #27 of 133 Hotels in Zurich
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brussels, Belgium
“Nice team, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed for the second time here and liked it. The team is good and friendly, we got an upgrade since it was our second time, and they let us do a late check out at 2pm as we had a late flight in the evening. The access to the old town and train station is good (only 10 min by foot). We'll come back I am sure even if it is not a trendy place, but we slept well and the rooms were spacious enough both times

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Continental-GM, General Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Many thanks for your honest feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed yet another memorable stay with us and I will certainly forward your compliments to my team. We all look forward to welcome you back soon. Best regards, Monica Voegeli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Found good reviews on Tripadvisor and since I'm an Accor A-Club member, I booked us into this lovely hotel for two nights. Direct booking resulted in us getting a free upgrade and breakfast included, a very nice touch. It's a stone's throw from the Hauptbahnhof and is fully air-conditioned. This came in handy as we were visiting during their June heat wave - a brutal one. Everything you might want to see in Zurich is a short walk away. Will definitely stay there again when in town.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, all are good. Careful about the elevators, they are a bit small.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank citygirlpz
That's great news, thank you so much for posting your feedback on tripadvisor. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Monica Voegeli
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here in June and it was a very pleasant stay. Brisk 7 minute walk to the train station and the start of Bahnhofstrasse where all the shopping action takes place (if you can afford Swiss prices!). The hotel was mid/lower price for a Zurich hotel, but good value in terms of what you get. Clean, comfortable and very quiet. The staff were helpful and caring. The bathroom and room were small, as with most european hotels. No bells and whistles with this hotel but good location, staff and lovely apple juice on tap in reception.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and there was no view...did not see any other rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UndaraUAE
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay in Zurich and with us. Best regards, Monica Voegeli
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Zurich Continental Hotel (an M Gallery Collection hotel) is very well located in easy reach of the main train station and the Old City. Room was of high standard and very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was slightly expensive for what was on offer, but was served until 2pm! We worth another visit!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in late May 2013 and were very pleased. Our rooms were not ready as we arrived early afternoon and we were shown to a comfortable lounge area and served comlimentary tea and pasteries while the room was prepared. Caring, thoughtful, pleasant personal service was shown throughout our stay. Very comfortable beds with quality bedding, clean nicely furnished room although smaller than the North American standard. Quiet treed outside courtyard. Wonderful breakfast buffet!
The hotel is a 5 minute walk to shopping, the river walk, and central train station with a very good seafood buffet-bistro/takeout
Hard to beat this hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank ZephyrTraveller
Continental-GM, General Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review on tripadvisor. I'll certainly make sure that my team gets your compliments. We look forward to your next stay, best regards, Monica Voegeli
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I normally stay at in Zurich Central Plaza which is close to station and main street.
I thought that being an Accor member I should stay here and review showed close to station.
it is a good 10 minutes fast walk , more expensive and no view -- you only see the 4 walls of the room. I expected at least street facing which they said is not possible.
I do not think I will stay at this hotel again.
to add fuel to fire, I just learnt from my bank that they charged my credit card a day before arrival, took an extra reserve on arrival and again charged me full on departure -- it means that I not only overpaid but have been charged twice -- I will have to call the bank to check why.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank haju_13
Continental-GM, General Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I am very sorry for your inconveniences regarding the check-in and the apparent double charge, for which I extend my sincere apologies. I will immediately look into this, as this is certainly not our standard of service. If you book a pre-paid rate, of course then your credit card will be charged prior to arrival. Also if you have guaranteed your room for a late arrival, the amount will be reserved - not booked - in advance. Depending on your time of arrival and the booking situation, not all view reqeusts can be granted, therefore we highly recommend to put all your preferences with your reservation (you can even load them in your Member Account and they will be visible for all Accorhotels). Once again, I am very sorry for your troubles and kindly ask you to accept my sincere apology. Sincerely, Monica Voegeli
indore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

i have been staying in this hotel for last several years front office staff house keeping staff has always been efficient and cordial. the restaurant staff has been indifferent. however in this stay they were hostile and unfriendly I pointed out specific incidences to food and beverage manager and at time of check out to front office manager.i hope they will take corrective action.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest, first of all thank you for staying at Continental Zurich over again. While I am delighted you enjoy your hotel stay, I am deeply saddened by your several un-Continental like experiences with our restaurant team. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Thank you for informing the F&B and FO managers about it, I will personally look into these issues with them and guarantee you that an appropriate action plan will be set in motion. I hope you'll give us another chance to prove our service quality to you. Best regards, Monica Voegeli