“Good food but expensive”
Review of Dapur Indonesia

Dapur Indonesia
Ranked #117 of 1,973 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indonesian food. Friendly staff and beautiful ambience. Located 5 minutes walk from Oerlikon train station.
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I think that it is too expensive compared to what you get, especially for lunch. I work in Oerlikon and I once dropped by this restaurant for lunch because I saw a lot of good evaluation about it. The service is correct while not better than other southern-asian restaurants in Zurich (Thai, Vietnam etc.). The chef could go out to ask about your feedback about the food, but this is just a routine in most asian restaurants. The food is quite good but the quantity is surprisingly small. I am an asian lady without big appetite, but even though, the quantity that they served was not enough for me.
It is anyway quite difficult to find a decent restaurant around this area for lunch, so if you are not hungry and want to have some very light food, this restaurant is not a bad choice.

1  Thank Wanda W
There are newer reviews for Dapur Indonesia

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday. Although the location is outside of Zurich center, it is not difficult to get to. The food is very authentic and very delicious - we were also impressed by the fact that they do not add additives or any other enhancers, as most Asian restaurants do.
The service is very attentive and friendly and the chef came out to introduce herself and ask if everything was ok.
We can only recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank I_lv_travelling
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The restaurant is chic which is a surprise for the neighborhood. The service is attentive and fast. Food is amazing - especially the tumeric chicken and eggplant dishes. The venue is small and when we walked in every table had a reserved sign on it, so I highly advise making a reservation.

1  Thank 2travelingbugs
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The food is really authentic and very delicous! the restaurant owner is very friendly and more and more people now know this place! So you should go early at lunch time!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

You must get reservations! I learned that the hard way - the place is tiny. Also - make sure you have your eyes open for the tiny little yellow sign, its easy to drive past it. The food was great! The chef herself came out to check on us, which is always a nice touch. The service was good - just really slow. I had read past reviews on Trip Advisor so I knew to expect this. If you like Indonesian food - this is a must visit...if you don't, it is still a fun place for something different.

1  Thank Rachael H