“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Upstate NY
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Lovely hotel and such a great staff! It's very easy and inexpensive to reach old town as well as the airport via the subway. The hotel was spotless and the rooms are very quiet and well thought out. Truly a winning hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank twostick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
niagara falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed a week mid sept. We knew going in there was a lot of construction going on in the area. We got a little nervous when the taxi got close to the hotel and we saw all the cranes around. But there was no noise going on, and looking out our hotel room window at the project going on below was kind of cool. The trains also were running in the backgroung, also no noise and something to look at. Actually this is the quietest hotel we ever stayed at. It must be well constructed, never heard another guest. We loved the rooms, hardwood floors a nice touch. They have outside window blinds controled by a switch inside. The bar is very nice, spent a lot of time there. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. We had the buffet breakfast most mornings, very nice and was included in our room price. We ate dinner at the hotel twice and was also good.Tthe menue is in german only, They did there best to help us decide on our entrees. There are two computers in the bar area that the guest can use for free. Very good restaurants in and around teckno park two blocks away. Toscanos was our favorite. There is also shops and a large specialty food market about five blocks away in what look to me like the old acquduct system. dont miss this, very nice, cant rember what they called it but the hotel had a brochure on it. You can catch the train 3 blocks away to get to the main train station were the main area of zurich is. the couple of times we took a taxi cost 25ish chf to do this. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future. My one negitive is the room temperature was a little warm for sleeping for me. the front desk told me its the environmental law says where the temp can be set. I like my room cold for sleeping so this was a little aggravating.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank terry123s
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We had a 10 hour layover in Zurich & I booked the Renaissance in Lucerne without knowing is was an hour away from the airport by train. We knew we did not have the time so we took the hotel shuttle to the Renaissance Zurich Tower.

I approached the front desk hoping that the hotel could correct my mistake. I wish I knew the name of the lady at the front desk as she could not have been more helpful. She called Renaissance Lucerne & they cancelled my booking without any fee. She then booked us in with their daily rate. We enjoyed a drink at the bar while we waited for everything to be sorted out.

The hotel is brand new with all the bells & whistles. You need to swipe your room card to access your floor in the elevator. The room is small compared to US standards and they only offer a breakfast menu so no room service. Apart from that everything is shiny & new.

The staff could not have been better from the front desk to the bar to the doorman and I would return if I fly through friendly Zurich Airport again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lovestotravel1961
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I went to visit this hotel and I had the chance to see one of the rooms at the 9th floor. The room is beautiful with a modern decoration specially done for this hotel. The view I had to the Uetliberg is absolutely not nice at all as the only image are the the trains in different directions. I have been told the view to the city is nicer but could not check. The bathroom, however, was too small.

It looks like a business hotel but have a very good rate for the weekend. Worth it, in my opinion.

The area around is not nice yet but it could be in the future as many luxury constructions are underway.

If you are planning to stay in the hotel to spend the night, then yes, the hotel is beautiful inside and it is not far from a train station,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CSMEXBOL
Nice, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

this new renaissance in Zurich is absolutely FANTASTIC, new decoration, new area, new way of dealing with guest! you have the feeling to be really special! I have found the room really modern and very clean, beautiful view and these larges windows give you the feeling of well being and space! I will recommend highly this Hotel one of the best downtown!
go on marriott.com and check the pictures! just outstanding!

Room Tip: ask for the one located at the corner of the building, better view and bigger rooms!
4 Thank philripoll
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have stayed in this recently opened hotel during last week and had a lovely time. Staff was very professional and helpful and the location is perfect for business. Ask for room with view - stunning!

3 Thank Marila S
Essex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Nothing wrong but just not that good especially for new hotel at high price; Small rooms, trying too hard to be boutique hote and not working. Executive longue basic. Also odd part of town. Silly price room service i.e. Salad CHF 18 Breakfast 39 CHF !!! Hotel accross the road is only 99 CHF/night ! Avoid unless your are on business;

1 Thank WelltravelledEssex