“Excellent City Tour” 4 of 5 bubbles

Zurich City Highlights with Felsenegg Cable Car Ride
Ranked #2 of 38 Tours in Zurich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our core business is regular excursions and city tours out of Zurich and Lucerne to the most beautiful tourist attractions in the German part of Switzerland. We also organize private excursions, transfers, guiding services and coach rental.
Buffalo, NY
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent City Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was a very good extensive city tour, including a delightful ferry ride across Lake Zurich-it was prompt and gave you a good balance of guided tour & free time. When you exit the train station in Zurich, look for the area where busses arrive & depart (across the street). From most tracks in the main train station you'll be making a a left and heading straight across the street. There are pay bathrooms there, and another stop with pay bathrooms on the tour (as well as free ones at a restaurant). The guide was competent and interesting, but nothing spectacular (I feel like the best guides are a good combination of historian and dramatist). I felt like I got my money's worth & a good sense of the city.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Rome, Italy
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nice Tour of Mt. Titlis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

As we were in Zurich for a short period of 3 days, and travelling with children, we decided on taking the coach tour to Lucerne and Mt. Titlis.
We are glad we booked this tour. It was well organised and we had a very nice guide (feel terrible that I have forgotten her name). She had been on the job for only a few months, but was very patient and managed to keep the group together, was very polite. Considering we had a large group with mixed nationalities, she managed it all very well.
The tour itself, can be a bit tiring, because the distance travelled is quite a bit. so one does spend a considerable amount of time inside the coach, but they do stop for breaks. Lucerne was beautiful, although the stop at the town is not for very long - less than an hour. so one can visit only limited spots.
The last leg of the tour is to Mt.Titlis. Do keep in mind that the travel time to the top of the mountain can be a bit long - so one gets only about an hour and a half up there. But like mentioned earlier, the guide gives you a lot of information so chances of getting lost are very slim.
Definitely recommend this company. And they do stick to planned schedules. We were back in town by 7.30pm as planned.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank EuropeOdysseyTours
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Into the Alps-what a great tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We took this one day tour(9 hours) from Zurich,because we were looking to have a guided tour for the whole length of the tour.We had a small group of about 10 people.The tour includes a variety of places(a gorge,3 mountain passes,a glacier,wonderful alpine scenery in most of the route).Our guide,Ernst ,was just brilliant-knowledgeable about the tour and the places we've seen and about many aspects concerning Switzerland and the everyday life in this wonderful country. As well, he is a person with a sense of homour which is
always helpful when you get people from different places.He answered every question that he was asked-and a very good driver too.
The Aare gorge , the dams high in Grimsel pass and the impressive Rhone Glacier were the highlights of this magnificent tour.we will surely keep 'best of Switzerland 'company in our mind for future tours starting from Zurich ,where we tend to stay from time to time.

2 Thank udi1
Best-of-Switzerland, Geschäftsführer at Best of Switzerland Tours, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your excellent review which we will pass on to your driver-guide Ernst. This tour is probably our most beautiful tour as it really leads off the beaten tourist tracks right into the heart of the Swiss Alps. We have other small group excursions, maybe for your next stay you could come with us to the eastern part of Switzerland on our Mountains, Cheese and Chocolate Tour? Looking forward to welcome you again on one of our excursions, sending you sunny regards from Switzerland
Sydney, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Tour is not worth the energy or money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Recently experienced the "Zurich City Extended Tour" put on by Best of Switzerland tours. I was so looking forward to getting to know And understand Zurich. After 4 long hours I only got one point maybe 2 ... That is Tina Turner has now holds a Swiss passport and where she lives. That is it. The tour was fully booked. The tour was too crowded. The sound system was not very clear which made it even harder to listen and understand the local guide. The information we did hear was overly interesting. I love history and I love to know what makes a city tick.... this tour provided nothing.To me the coach was too big for the local streets which we went around in circles 3 times. We went up a gondola to top of a mountain again not exciting. We caught a car ferry across the lake ...got nothing. so that is the tour. There was one other problem they allow infants on the tour. We had one infant maybe 16mths cried, screeched her eyes out for a good twenty minutes at the beginning of the tour and another 15 at the end. We also had two people on the back seat who needed to get a room.

1 Thank avalongal
Dear Traveller
Even if it is not a good review for us we'd like to thank you for your time taken to give your opinion on our excursion "Zürich and Surroundings, 4 hours extended city tour". We are very sorry that you did not like this tour as it is the best sold city tour in Zürich and usually we get very good comments for it.

The tour is usually operated with a comfortable 50-seater standard coach and as it is much liked, it tends to sell out. It is true that in Zürich a lot of the streets are quite narrow as compared to other cities, Zürich is a small town. We think this makes it attractive as you are close to the beautiful buildings and if the coach can not run that fast you have more time to enjoy it. That the coach goes in circles is not true but it may be necessary to pass by twice at the same spot due to the traffic routeing.

Of course we understand that it may be annoying if a small child is crying during a mayor part of the tour but we do not feel correct to exclude families with infants from the tour. Maybe this was also the reason that you where not able to follow the comments of our knowledgeable guide good? Anyway we will check the situation of the microphones and make sure that they do operate fine.

Concerning the comments of the guide; it is always difficult to find the right measure for each party of the group. As it is a seat-in tour our passengers come from all over the world, have all different ages from infants to elderly guests, speak different languages and have a different cultural back ground. Some like history some prefer information about the daily life of Swiss habitants.

All in all it seems to me, that you would have been better advised having booked one of our private excursions where your personal guide would have focused on your personal interests, there wouldn’t have been disturbance from infants and you would have travelled in a luxurious limousine or minivan.

We still hope that you where able to enjoy the beautiful town of Zürich and wish a good return home.

With kindest regards
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mount Pilatus from Zurich tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was an excellent tour. The tour guide antje was fantastic, knowledgable and helpful. Well organised. Lucerne, Pilatus and the cogwheel train and cruise were beautiful. I found I had adequate time in each place.

However, what let this tour down was the hotel pick up. I waited at the given time in the hotel foyer, which is where I had been asked to be. I had also informed my reception where I was sitting, and provided the tour with my room number. The bus did not come. A bus of the same company arrived later and when I asked if this was my bus, the driver rudely told me I had not been outside the foyer at the specified time and so had missed the pick up. I find it a poor service that the pick up did not look inside the foyer, given that is where I was told to be, or ask reception given they had my room number. The fantastic staff at swissotel were able to provide me with directions to the tour meeting point by train. Fortunately, I made it to the tour meeting point on my own in the nick of time. It would have truly spoilt my short Switzerland (2 days)holiday if i had missed the tour that I had been looking forward to for months.

I recommend the tour but not the hotel pick up.

1 Thank F_M890
Best-of-Switzerland, Geschäftsführer at Best of Switzerland Tours, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you did like the excursion to Mt. Pilatus and the service and information given by our guide Antje.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience you suffered at the beginning of the excursion with the pick-up service. We do offer a pick-up service from selected hotels for our morning excursions and usually they work without a problem. From time to time it happens that our driver is not able to meet with the guest. As a standard procedure he does ask at the reception for the guest missing and therefore we need the room number. In case the number of the passengers to be picked up equals the passengers shown up, our driver does not ask each person about his room number. It seems that, that particular day, somebody else which did not reconfirm his pick-up service showed up. Our driver therefore thought to have all the passengers which needed to be picked up and did not further investigate. We will verify how we can avoid a similar problem in the future and thank you for your valuable time for letting us know about this problem.
We hope you where able to enjoy the rest of your stay in Switzerland and maybe we will be able to welcome you again in the future on one of our excursions! Kindest regards