“A mix of good & not-so-good!”

Gasthof zur Alten Kanzlei
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zurich
Gasthof zur Alten Kanzlei
Ranked #13 of 45 Zurich B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“A mix of good & not-so-good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

From a traveller's first look of a welcoming cottage, this hotel looked very beautiful and utterly warm! And it certainly did & would feel that way as well, once you stay here. The owners & the staff were warm to all their guests & foreigners - (Except for one of the staff members who portrayed a mild sense of aversion that was based on our ethnicity. Well, I best leave it at this statement, trust me I could very well elaborate and explain that disgraceful situation a colleague and I went through by this person.)

I'd also like to specially mention that the staff did maintain their warm-heartedness towards us when we encountered a bad experience at another place in Switzerland.

All in all, the place is beautiful, the rooms are lovely and they have a great restaurant place that can serve so so many (Impressive)! However, it seemed to me that they would need to brace up on some professional ways such as offer some good solution for guests who cant speak the local dialect or themselves master English; also, be quick & effective in dealing with the usual hotel-related problems (Eg: loss of hotel keys etc.)

I'd happily recommend this place to anyone making a stop-over at Greifensee! (I'd certainly visit again!).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Parkingby

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Sopot, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was on business close to Volketswil area and this Gasthof is a very nice option: good restaurant, quiet and spacy rooms, fantastic fresh bread for breakfast, affordable price - I do recommend it. The only thing the place could work on is the strength of the wireless signal. Overall, I was happy stayong and and when coming back, I will visit again.

Room Tip: Naturally, ask for the room with the window not facing the street. But this is really not an issue...