“Great place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Asia Spa

Asia Spa
Ranked #5 of 37 Spas & Wellness in Zurich
More attraction details
Owner description: Treat yourself to hours of relaxation in our wellness oasis. asiaspa offers a variety of exotic saunas, meditative pools, luxurious classical and asian spa treatments, an asian hamam and a quaint lounge as well as a modern gym.
Zurich, Switzerland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I´ve been living close to the Asia Spa and it´s still one of my favorite places in Zurich if I´d like to relax.

There is not really that much what you can do inside - just be there, chill, relax - which is supported by the very relaxed ambiente.

Snacks and drinks are offered and one level above is a quite good gym (which is more used as the Spa itself).

If you like to visit the Hamam, you need to reserve it and pay additionally.

All in all - I love this place, even that it´s quite expensive. It´s like having some days off.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Invocation

Chatou, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“the industrial massage machine”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Really bad experience.
Nobody explains you how works that huge "factory" and you can really get lost the 1st time. Do I have access there, can I get there?
Came there for a massage. Absolutely not cosy and nice. Open boxes, noisy with people chatting around.
Having a vague Asian poster at the counter does not make you Thaï.
1st and last. That was painful...

Visited March 2013
7 Thank ThierryGParis
Adliswil
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice atmosphere and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I liked it there. I felt very comfortable and the changing rooms are so fancy and clean. It has everything you need.

I got the Abhajanga Massage (not sure of the spelling) as a birthday gift. I was so looking forward to the massage.... BUT it turns out that its a 50 min "stroking" massage with oil "to get your energy flow" going. Hmmm.... I was literally stroked and gently rubbed with oil for almost an hour which was disappointing to me.

Afterwards I was offered some tea and then left with a feeling of dissatisfaction as I really wanted to get massaged. But that is not their problem and it was my false expectation. I would not recommend this "massage" as for what it is, it is very expensive and I would never pay for this myself.

However, I would warmly recommend to go to this spa as the atmosphere is nice and it is clean.

Visited March 2013
Nyon, Switzerland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“For sauna lovers only!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Loved the Himalaya salt sauna, the Japanese steam bath, the onsen pool and warm waterbeds. It a very quiet place allowing relaxation, a total bliss.

Once an hour, the ceremony was conducted professionally in the Japanese steam bath :) (steam room being really hot and not just warm, as so often elsewhere)

Tap water available.

We only paid Chf 25 for two hours as a package offered by Four Points by Sheraton Sihlcity.

Minus? no cold water plunge pool

Visited January 2013
1 Thank WMacSwiss
Zug
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Much better spas to choose from”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I tried out the Asia Spa today for the first (and probably the last) time. We purchased the private spa package for 2 hours 50 minutes. However, before we went to the private spa we had an hour for the relaxation and sauna area in the main part of the spa. I mentioned to the girl checking us in that we had never been to the spa before. She said she would show us where to go. However, this was not the case. The communication was terrible. She only showed us to the locker rooms. We just snooped around to try and find where to go and how to use the different areas in the relaxation area. The one highlight in the relaxation room was the warm waterbeds. They were very nice and relaxing. However, the middle section of the room where the sauna's, foot baths, etc... are is a naked zone. Just to warn you if you are North American and not used to men and woman walking around without their towels. I kept my towel around me. I never did find the pool but found out later that the pool is in a completely different area. So for me, the relaxation room was not great. However, the private spa time was wonderful! We had our own room with sauna, whirlpool, shower, and massage tables. We also had fresh sushi, fruit, and champagne. We had 70minute massages. I really liked my massage. My husband was not as thrilled. His was a bit too light, needed a stronger deeper tissue massage. I had requested a sports massage for him but that was not what he got. So, all in all, we had a nice day (because of the private room) but I would not go back alone. There are several other nice spas where I can enjoy the relaxation room and the massage. The prices are very high but I think they are high at most places in Switzerland.

Visited November 2012