“Best stay ever”
Review of H+ Hotel Zuerich

H+ Hotel Zuerich
Ranked #74 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was in Switzerland on a family vacation only for three nights. Stayed in Ramada Hotel. Excellent choice to stay in Zurich. The tram station is very close. Moving around is very easy from the hotel. Very comfortable stay. I would definitely return again to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear guest
Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay here at the RAMADA Hotel Zurich City . We especially appreciate your comments.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
With best regards

There are newer reviews for H+ Hotel Zuerich

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We arrived 50 minutes earlier (usually you check in at 3pm) and our room was not ready. The front desk clerk said that they were still cleaning the room and would inform us as soon as it was ready . We were sitting very close to the front desk and waited till 3:10pm then my wife went to ask if it was ready and it turned out it was but the clerk never bothered telling us. In Addition, we wanted to have a coffee during that time but there was no one there except the clerk .Since i had seen someone do a coffee before and leaving i assumed it was self service but it wasn't since the clerk immediately in a very cold tone told me to get out from behind the bar. I am sad to say that employing people with no clue of what friendly service means makes us never want to come back. Of Course, in addition to all of this it was very hot during the few days we were staying and we had asked about the air conditioning and apparently it is only a fan cooling a bit the air ;there is no air condition as we learned. Opening the window 3 inches was hell and the room was always hot - good thing we were only there at night. Bad experience - avoid if you want friendlier service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Freddy_on_trips

Dear guest

I am really sorry to hear that your stay wasn't up to expectations and that you didn't had a warm and welcoming experience due to check in.
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.
I would highly appriciate to speak about your concerns directly with you. Maybe you wanna contact me once again via email or phone in the next days.
You reach me directly under petra.emmel@ramada-treff.ch or +41 44 437 9932

Thank you again for sharing your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to ensure that your next visit will be a positive and pleasant one.

Best regards

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Small room, but modern, clean & comfortable with a very good bathroom. The issue was that the air conditioning did not work & the room was boiling. I had to open the window which was not ideal as its on a main road so was noisy. My colleague had the same issue in his room too! Also, there was no mini bar in the room. They did provide one bottle of water but I could have done with more!
The hotel was quite "souless", there was no atmosphere or welcoming feeling at all. I wont be staying here again as I expect more at their prices.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 2TrippersLondon
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Guest
I am really sorry to hear that your stay wasn't up to expectations and that you didn't have a good night sleep due to the heat in your room.
The outside temperature was not normally for our region and extrem hot, so we apologize that our air condition system was not able to cool the rooms completly or more down. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.
Best regards

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is nice. However, the temperature is warm throughout. Last night, I had to call Housekeeping to check the temperature in my room as it felt like 25 deg c at least. Only one window could be opened and only for about 3 inches. I was given a portable fan as the temperature control can not go any lower.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank heisrisen2
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Guest from Hongkong

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay here at the RAMADA Hotel Zürich City. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused to you during your time with us.
I was disappointed to learn that the air condition did not work and the temperature was not up to its normal standards. I have already informed our facility department and they are working on that problem.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Grüezi from Switzerland

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went there during the Rolling Stones concert on 1th of June 2014.
Location: right in front of the Leztigrund Stadium, so perfect for our goal.

Not good was: a reception lady,I advise her she should work in a prison, but not in a guest friendly environment.
Not good was: aircondioning not working. It was 20 C and the hotel and room was steaming hot.
Not good was: window not opening. The reception lady said it was for guest security, not jumping from the window so to commence suicide. Ridicoulas. I think they mean: no smoking. Was resolved after many requests so the window gave fresh air so much needed.

Will never going back in this hotel. A total shame. I felt like a prisoner.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kaaskop2
Basel4058, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on tripadvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed concerning the attitude of the Front Office staff and the air-condition.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and do hope that you enjoyed the concert of Rolling Stones. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've booked a Comfort Double Room through our company travel agency web site.
And I got a very small room, with a single bed and very small and useless work desk. As I arrived rather late at the hotel, I didn't requested a new room, but requested to get a goodwill refund. The manager told me that it was not possible, because my room was paid through internet. She offered me, as only alternative, the breakfast buffet for free (value CHF 28.- (the price of a 3 courses lunch even in Zurich)). I explained that I never take breakfast, apart a cup of coffee, but nothing else was offered.
The room was very small, dim, located at the first floor on street side under a small roof. If you like to have the window open to sleep, you can forget: a table - as part of the small hotel café terrasse - was occupied by three people at the ground level. They were speaking loud and smoking just under my window, and they stopped at around one o'clock in the night.
I've closed the window, but the air conditionning system was noisy. So my night was a poor experience.
The bathroom was fine, however not outstanding. No coffee making facility is available in the room, nor mini-bar.
Location of the hotel is not as fine as said by Ramada on their website. No direct public transportation to the main railway station (two different tram lines), however fine if you want to go to Bellevue Place.
At the end, a poor experience, with no compelling explanation for this reservation issue, and no real willingness from Ramada to mitigate it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jean-Luc M
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We were disappointed to learn that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. I am really sorry to hear that your stay wasn't up to expectations and that you didn't have a good night sleep.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in order to restore your faith in the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Business trip for my partner, sightseeing for me. Rooms very comfortable & very clean. Breakfast was good, with lots of choices. Excellent, friendly, helpful staff. This hotel has a tram stop right outside, so it is very easy & quick to get to centre of Zurich.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Caroline H
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the RAMADA Hotel Zurich City and your time spend to evaluate our services and quality level. We are really delighted to see that you enjoyed the City and the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us when returning to Switzerland to make further experiences within our RAMADA Hotel chain either again in Zurich or other City destinations in Switzerland. Wishing you all the best for a great Sumer, we remain
with best regards