“Very friendly staff”

Bellevue Deli
Ranked #1,206 of 2,027 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: International
Neighborhood: Hochschulen
Description: At the Bellevue Deli – owned and operated by two former flight attendants – which is centrally located in Zürich, offers a wide range of sandwiches (over 40 varieties are made daily Monday through Friday – a reduced menu is offered on weekends) based on recipes garnered from the owners’ travels and layovers around the world. Complementing its extensive assortment is a selection of salads for those who prefer a lighter meal. And best of all… it is renowned for its reasonable prices. One has the option of sitting at outdoor tables, crossing the street to picnic lakeside, jumping on a ship for a leisurely lunch or dinner cruise, partaking of a meal along the picturesque Limmat River, dining al fresco on the steps of the nearby opera house, finding a quiet spot to nosh on one’s takeaway in the Old Town, or kicking back and enjoying it back in a hotel room. Weekday lunches also offer homemade chili con carne as well as other Tex-Mex fare. It is well known among the local English-speaking expatriate community.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

It's my first days in Zurich and when I was having a walk around the city I decided to stop in this place to have a coffee. It's not one of the best coffees I have ever had, but it wasn't bad either. The sandwiches seem to be very tasty, but I wasn't hungry at all... Next time I will try one of them

What I liked the most was the staff, very friendly and kind. If you are in the Area it's a good place to have a break and sit in one of the tables outside.

2  Thank HectorGlez

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I don't know how this place is able to offer such amazing sandwiches for the price. Zurich is a very expensive city and as a student visiting from the USA I needed to find some affordable eats and this place was perfect. A lunch at Mc Donalds costs more than a lunch here. Besides the low prices, the food is very delicious and tasty. The food is obviously very fresh and made with pride. My favorite sandwich would have to be the Thon. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the brownies! They really must be homemade or something because I've never had a brownie so good in my life. Thanks Bellevue Deli!! I will definitely come back on my future Zurich visits.

5  Thank JohnWayne1987
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have visited the Bellevue Cafe twice over the last couple of months and I rate it amongst the best cheap eats in the Bellevue area. I have sampled the chili con carne served in a cup and it's a nice, filling, cheap meal on a cool Zürich winter day. They provide cheese if you prefer in your chili and it's got a bit of a spicy kick to it. Also provided are slices of bread, napkins and they always properly seal your meal and put it in a bag so it will not spill! A variety of soups and cheap sandwiches are presented well along other snacks and beverages they offer. For a quick meal to go it can't be beat. They do have a few tables located under their roof as well. The staff is very friendly.

3  Thank FormerCaliBoy
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I live in Zurich and buy something most days from the Bellevue Deli. Their food is always fresh and delicious and beautifully garnished and displayed (we eat with our eyes!)! The sandwiches are different to anything else you'll find in Zurich, full of goodies, wonderful combinations and various delicious breads. The home-made soups, chilli and burritos are great, esp. in winter when a bit of comfort warm food is needed! In summer, grab a sandwich and salad (the choices!), go down to the lake and relax in the sunshine. It is obvious that the owners and their team really care about the food they make, and it shows in absolutely everything sold there, as well as the friendly service. I can only recommend it. It's been going for 30 years under the same management and that says something as well.

4  Thank FernwehZurich
Reviewed February 24, 2011

This little place centrally located on Bellevueplatz by the lake is an oasis in this extremely expensive city. Prices range from a couple of bucks to under $9 for a carrot salad sandwich on a mini-baguette brimming with Swiss cheeses and fresh fruit. I especially like the smoked turkey with homemade cranberry/pesto sauce. The soups are delicious. I had cream of chestnut and pumpkin that really something quite special. And they do a chili con carne that is the real thing. Lots of different sandwiches to choose from. Great as a take away for a lakeside meal!

1  Thank foodfaresfun