“Amazing japanese dinner”

Bimi
Ranked #298 of 1,891 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Amazing japanese dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I has dinner with my girl friends and we really liked the food: from the starters to the desserts. The quality of the sushi/sashimi was very good, the fat belly tuna was simply amazing! It was a small trip in heaven with every bite! The sesame ice cream was also something delicious and special! I reccomend this restaurant to the people who want to enjoy a real japanese cuisine :-)

“Happy Tummy ;)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

You love japanese food? Well then, dont miss this restaurant if you come by Zurich.. they have varieties of japanese speciality.. the food is very good, the service and the place is clean and good... the small space of the restaurant makes u feel reserved and private... the price is fair knowing that u are on switzerland ... i guess my picture will help u decide to visit them ;)

Zurich, Switzerland
“Very good japanese dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I went there yesterday with my boyfriend because we wanted to try a new Japanese restaurant in Zurich and we were very happy about the food we got. The starters were special and they tasted very good. As main course, I ate a crab inside out roll and was awesome! The fried crab was delicious and combined with the spicy sauce, the flavor was on top. My boyfriend ate the swordfish and he said it was very good and the ginger sauce was very special. Additionally he wanted to try sushi as well and he ordered scallop sushi, eel sushi and tuna sushi. He was really happy about it and said the the quality of the sushi was very good. If I have to find a negative point, i can say that the price is a little high and sometime the service a bit slow but the restaurant was very full so it's normal.

1 Thank Cri_Giusi
Zurich, Switzerland
“Got food poisoning after the sushi lunch!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I went there with my husband for lunch one day and we happened to be among the first customers at 12.30pm. We both ordered the same dish "sushi platter" from the lunch special for CHF35/ platter! I ate one piece of squid which tasted really slimy and not fresh so spitted it out but had the rest of the rice. At around 2pm I felt really sick and started vomiting and followed by diarrhea every 5 minutes! By 5pm I got so bad that my doctor told me to go to the A&E for help and spent 3hours at the hospital on drips! I didn't eat or drink anything after the sushi lunch. After we came back from the hospital my husband called the owner of the restaurant and told him what happened, he didn't even have the courtesy offer to compensate our lunch or pay our hospital bill! This is really bad behaviour!!! I would not go back or recommend this place!

• Visited November 2013
5 Thank Katarina W
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“not as veg-friendly as advertised”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

a friend took me to bimi because she had seen all the advertisements they make about serving a good choice for vegetarian. and as i happen to be a big fan of fish-free sushi, it seemed just right. the poor service was our first disappointment. it took them 20 minutes to serve us a glass of wine, and though my friend asked them to not include any white fish in her sushi, they completely forgot about it. our waiter was very unfriendly to start from, and he didn't get any friendlier when we asked him about our wine. the vegetarian sushi lunch was good, and good quality, but definitely not exceptional. six pumpkin maki, six cucumber maki and five other vegetable/rice bites - not very creative to be honest. the atmosphere is not great either, but it was okay for lunch. i would definitely not go again if it was for myself, because i know a lot of other places in town that have more options for vegetarians - and they don't even feel the need to advertise them!

• Visited January 2014