“Expensive but it's ok”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would say Bimi would be more than very good if it wasn't so extremely expensive and the sushi orders take a loooong time to make. On the one hand though, it means it's very fresh - and the sushi was delicious! The tuna sashimi was out of this word! My husband and I couldn't get enough of it, it was super tender, fresh - simply excellent!

It's very cute the way each person has these pots to cook their food in. Last time we came, we both shared a shabu shabu vegetarian. I was rather disappointed there because it was very expensive for the vegetarian menu....and I only got half a shiitake mushroom, 2 tofus and the rest were CHF4 salad leaves from the supermarket.....

This time, we both chose beef Pot dishes. Again we were given the pots to cook in and the usualy side of vegetables, half a shiitake mushroom and 2 tofus were present. But at least, the superbly thin-cut slices of beef was of superior quality, tender and tasted divine.
They could provide more than just half a mushroom and 2 tofus each though....and less of the salad greens as that's very boring.....

We had a milky sake from the Niigata region (I think!!) - the bottle was pretty and pink. It was a bit sweet for my liking and I generally prefer the clear, cold sake anyway.

The service was great! Our waitress, the japanese woman, was super friendly and so sweet!

We definitely would go back again and this time I would love to try the la carte sushi selections! They seem to have a lot of variety which isn't just ''western'' sushi based.

Link: http://www.swissbimi.ch/menu/

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Based on take-out only. Avoid. Terrible food. Salmon smelled half rotten so we had to throw it away, sashimi was way too thick, scallops were dry as paper. Soy sauce in minimal quantities, even the chop sticks were cheap and poor. And, it was expensive, even by Norwegian standards.

1  Thank Kittilsen
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Bimi offers authentic Japanese food and I wished I could go there more often. The main issue is the price: unless you are prepared to pay a fortune, chances are that you will leave the place hungry. Some dishes are really overpriced and quantities are small

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Authentic Japanese .. They serve dishes I've only seen in Japan . Obviously our german was a disgrace as waitress brought over English menus and explained all in English :-( We had set tasting menu at about E100 each. Fresh sushi, lobster tempura, exciting scallops soup, vegetable dish, Kobe beef and finally cake and miso soup. All finest quality and nice service. We were there for 3 hours as it was a special occasion and no pressure to move on. Would definately recommend this. It's not a cheap sushi place .. It you want that there's plenty in the center. This is top quality fine dining

2  Thank LondonPandora
Reviewed November 15, 2012

One of the best, freshest sushis in Zurich (and we know them all). They even offer uni! Only Ginger and Sala can pretend competing in this league but Bimi's prices are more affordable. Only caveat is slow service ... 10 minutes for the menu ... 10 more minutes to take orders ... 10 more to get the drinks ... and 10 again to get the apetizers ... not even close to ok