“Good japanese food and good value for lunch”
Review of Bimi

Bimi
Ranked #411 of 2,018 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went there to have the business lunch, called bentobox, costs about CHF 20, includes soup, rice, meat, fish or what else. Really nice presented and from real good quality. Chef switches all few months and they are coming always from Japan. Got the recommendation from japanese people who often go there.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Visited Restaurant Bimi with four other friends on a Friday evening. The restaurant is conveniently located and only about three blocks from Bellevue. The restaurant was not extremely busy during our visit. The wait staff was friendly and took our drink requests immediately and kept checking in with us while we were contemplating what items to try from the menu. Our waitress was also very helpful in explaining certain items from the menu.

I personally had the set Course Menu (Wafusteak-Entrecot) for CHF 90. The others in my party had everything from appetizers,Salad, Shabu Shabu, Sushi & Sashimi platter and Tempura which started around CHF 40 and up.

I think overall each of us felt the food was good, but nothing exceptional to write home about specially based on the menu prices. The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice for socializing and meeting/greeting friends, but I think for what they were charging for the items on the menu I would select another restaurant in the future. The area at Bellevue in the evening was certainly lively after dinner as many clubs were packed as we departed the restaurant.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

BImi is run by Japanese people and serves proper Japanese food.
The menu includes not only sushi, but also all the typical Japanese family food like Agedashi Tofu, Tonkatsu (breaded pork cutlet), Gindara saikyo yaki (Black cod) etc etc
Vegetarian options are all plenty.

Yes, it is definitely not cheap, but given this is in Zurich, I do not think they over-price.
My suggestion would be to go with a group of people, share several dishes to discover your new Japanese favorites beyond sushi.

FYI - Sushi also looked good, but I didn't try them myself.

1  Thank cake_0
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I went here last week. I was only looking for a quick bite to eat and was very surprised by the quality of the food. The Sushi was one of the best I had outside of Asia.

I ate a salad as appetizer, a miso soup, and a mixed sushi platter. The salad lacked some imagination and was a disappointment. Everything else was fantastic.

The ambience is average and considering the prices, more could be expected. The service was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Since my experience with Asian restaurants in Zurich had been terrible so far, I decided to give it another try at the usually quite recommended Bimi. For my first visit it was going to be for Lunch.

The restaurant is conveniently located and quite spacious. The interior is similar to a regular restaurant in Japan (wooden tables, wooden chairs) but not necessaryly giving it a "Japanese" flair. Nevertheless, there was one thing that I really appreciate in Japan but can hardly find in Europe: The boxes under your chair to place your handbag or any other valuable items that you don't want to put on the floor!

But let's get back to the food part: The menu is large and offers a broad range through the Japanese cuisine. I decided to go for the daily lunch (Bento-Box) that was Tonkatsu (fried pork).

It only took a short while until the set came with Miso soup, some vetgetables, egg roll and of course the main.

The soup was ok with some fresh and soft Tofu. The vetgetables with egg were not that tasty but the Dashi-Maki-Egg-Roll was excellent. Interestingly the Tonkatsu came on a bed of Salad (instead of cabbage). The Sesame dressing on the salad was very good. The meat was tender and the coating of the Tonkatsu flawless. Overall the bento box looked and tasted very good and for just below CHF 20.-- very good value for money.

I will definitely return but next time in the evening to try more items on the menu.
Prices for a-la-carte selections are much higher but I am willing to spend more to see whether it delivers the same quality.