“verey good”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Enge
Reviewed August 31, 2013

when we are going in the center in zurich we search an italian pizza after one houre we reach there and got a good pizza and also person was copretiv

There are newer reviews for Sam's Pizza Land

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went to this restaurant for lunch and we literally chose it because it looked like it served American pizza--a known entity. We weren't very varietal in that we chose the Margherita, but we were in the mood for something simple and inexpensive (compared to all the other restaurants) and provided outdoor seating. It was a great night for pizza, the outdoor seating was great, and the service was pretty good. The street it cornered was the only negative in that there was a lot of car traffic. Other than that, we had a relaxing evening of simple food, good beer, good service, and great weather. Great people watching!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Sam's Pizza Land operates numerous pizza restaurants in Zurich and Switzerland - I can think of two of them in Zurich alone and one in Luzern.

I had lived for many years in the US and have found that some places in the US (like Chicago, California, New York) had some really good pizza, but most (Alliance, Ohio comes to mind) don't. Often you can find a Pizza Hut restaurant which serves a mediocre product, perhaps as good as or better than the local offering, but mediocre compared to proper pizza from somewhere like, say, Chicago. Sam's Pizza offers mediocre pizzas named after places in the US which probably have at least one Pizza Hut restaurant in town. The pizzas are not bad, but with Italy so close by and plenty of more Italian pizza joints in the area, I would not ever come here. When I have to come here with a group, I get the pasta, Frutti di Mare or something.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went to the restaurant with my husband and my 15 months baby and some friends. The waiters were very rude and told us to stay for 15 minutes to set a table, afterwards they got us a table and there was the thing we couldn't imagine. They wanted us to put the pram in a corner far away from where we were going to sit, at first i thought they didn't notice that MY BABY WAS SLEEPING IN IT!!!!!!! BUT OBVIOUSLY THEY KNEW AND THEY DIDN'T CARE!!! THEY TOLD US THEY DON'T HAVE A PLACE FOR US BECAUSE OF THE BABY. I TOLD THEM I CAN'T LEAVE MY BABY AND THEIR ANSWER WAS (I QUOTE "WE CAN'T ACCEPT YOU AND PLEASE BE ON YOUR WAY"!!! they were very rude, impolite and vulgar. they shouldn't have had us waiting all that FROM THE BEGINNING if THEY DON'T ACCEPT BABIES AND THEY SHOULD PUT A SIGN MENTIONING THAT.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Travelled to Zurich every other week and stopped here almost every lunchtime. Service was excellent, food is great even though I ate the same thing a lot.

Plenty of outdoor seating and in the colder months they put sheepskins on the seats for warmth and comfort (looked cool too).

Nothing really to say that is negative, relax, drink, eat and watch the world go by - perfect break from work.