“authentic Indian food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Zurich, Switzerland
“authentic Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nice ambiance, authentic Indian taste! would love to visit again for sure! Not in the city center though, its located in Züri west

• Visited May 2013

Zürich
“Good Indian restaurant in Zürich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Positive:
Even though the restaurant isn't centrally located, the tram stop is right in front of the restaurant
friendly staff
quick service
big restaurant, no reservation needed even on Saturday

Negative:
even though the food was good, it could have been more spicy (not only hot spicy but Indian spices spicy) - could be that customers in general prefer it a bit less
it's a bit expensive

• Visited May 2013
Urdorf, Switzerland
“I am used to better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Apparently this is the best Indian in town, but even if I am not allowed to compare to the qualiy available in other places, this one leaves some questions unanswered. We had two platters to share as starters, which didn't have enough for all of us and was quite expensive. For the main course I ordered the duck which had two out of three stars on the menu, stating it's spiciness. I think they totally forgot to add any spices as it was not spicy at all and besides it was a bit cold. I tasted some of other people's food, which was definately better than mine, I guess I was a bit unlucky. The kidney beans which we ordered as a side dish were very good and nicely spiced. The service left some questions unanswered as to why we had to wait for a long time (our table was the only occupied one the whole evening when we were there). Does it mean they really had a quiet evening or does it say something about the quality in general and people are avoiding it altogether.... Anyway we waited far too long for our food, even in comparison to other restaurants and it really opened the question how they would cope if they are full. Finally the waiter did not seem to be much in the mood to serve us as his only table and even try to earn a decent tip. Overall I felt a bit hard done by it's overall impression, that my companions did not fully seem to share. They feel it's the best Indian in town, maybe I have to go back one time and give them a second chance, but at the moment and based on this experience where ours was the only table there, I think this is a fair judgement and next time they really have to pull out all the stops.

• Visited April 2013
Udaipur, INDIA
“Poor Food & Terrible Attitude !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had dinner in 3rd week of July with group and had terrible experience. The food had no taste and was laid haphazardly. It seemed that the owner is doing a favour by making us eat. The hostess was rude.
Wonder that in these times, people can have audacity to be rude and serve improper food to the ambassadors of their place.
Highly avoidable.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Sandyjust
Ahmedabad
“Good Food and Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was my second experience with Maharani. This time I visited along with a small group,and it was a wonderful time.The restaurant serves tasty and authentic Indian food. We enjoyed the food. The staff was very friendly and Mr. Suresh took a very good care of our group.Thanks...

• Visited June 2012