“Best Momos in town”

Shangrila Tibet Restaurant
Ranked #308 of 1,915 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Asian, Tibetan
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Zurich
“Best Momos in town”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Well, I tried several Asian style restaurants in Zurich and like the Shangrila near Goldbrunnenplatz best. You can easily reach this restaurant by tram line 9 or 14. They offer 2 styles of momos, one sort with meat, the other one with vegetables. I do also like their noodle soup, I find the taste quiete authentic.
And if you are interested in Tibetan literature, ask for "Notes from Tibet" by Woeser and Wang Lixiong - a book which they published and sell.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank green_Tibet

london
“THE BEST MOMOS ANYONE?”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Now there is a jewel in the city. A bit outside the center, away from all the tourists, there's a hidden Tibetan restaurant that serves the best Momos I have eaten in a long time. I have a few Tibetan friends back home and they introduced me to their food and culture. Just like they mentioned, the Momos need to be juicy and the dough needs to be thin. Well, that is exactly how you get it in this restaurant. Great place, with even greater service. They look like foreigners, but speak and joke like the locals. Quite interesting I must say. The only negative thing is, hard to find a parking space in the area and the menu is only in german. However, the friendly staff is more than willing to help and assist in english.

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank uk-jetsetter2000
Zurich, Switzerland
“I will send them the receipe for real Momos”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have lived in Ladakh (Indian Himalaya) and in Nepal and there I discovered Momos. I loved everything about them, make them, invent new ways and of course eating them. I was really looking forward to eating Momos again - and was really disappointed! The Vegi Momos were made with potaoe mash and fried! and the meat one where tasteless and watery. I wonder if the cook ever tasted a real Momo before. Even the shape was sloppy! Sorry about that, but when it's about Momos it gets very personal... I will send them the receipe I think. But one thing is sure, I will not pay nearly CHF 30.- for a tee and a plate of Momos of this quality!

• Visited January 2012