“A calm repast on a busy street...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dialog

Dialog
Ranked #465 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Southampton, New York
“A calm repast on a busy street...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Atop Zurich's "foody street" lies a lovely, professionally staffed restaurant with delicious foods; far and away from the beer halls, McDonalds and panini shops found closer to the "Polybahn" (funicular) at the bottom of the hill.

We arrived at Dialog after a long day of shopping. We sat our weary bones down at an outdoor table. It was sunny and in the 60's this late-September day and we had just walked our feet off, chugging up the long hill. Our need for something simple and delicious for luncheon was at the top of our list. Having cast our eyes upon a delicious appearing pizza being enjoyed by another patron, we didn't need a menu to know what we'd order.

Our waiter promptly greeted us, saw the shark in our eyes and took our order promptly to the kitchen; a Four Seasons pizza for Michael, and a spicy sausage and onion pizza for me. Before we could ask ourselves how long it might take to make them, two large, fresh mixed salads arrived moments after a big bottle of San Pelligrino and wine. We're off to a great start and not a moment too soon!

I especially enjoyed the acidic tones of the mixed salad. Their delicious white wine vinaigrette cleansed my mouth with crisp, delicious greens, sweet shredded carrots and juicy ripe tomatoes. My mind, now relaxed, and my palette now refreshed, I surrendered myself to full relaxation as we moved on to quench our thirst with good wines and mineral waters.

No sooner had I laid down my fork, than the pizzas arrived. "Very fragrant," I exclaimed, as I waived my palm over the pizza in the direction of my nose and took in the marvelous aromatics of onion, cheese and tomato atop crispy, brown crust baked to perfection. If I died now, I thought, it would be with a smile on my face and tomato sauce in its corners!

The menu at Dialog is varied and appealing throughout. Having enjoyed their perfect thin-crust pizza, I might suggest that you could find me at Dialog again, smile and all, on another sunny day in Zurich. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Not child friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went recently to this restaurant, 4 adults and 4 small kids. The staff is not child friendly, I would never recommend to go to this place again if you are with kids. We were specially disappointed with one of the waiters, he was very rude and even a bit aggressive.
Never again.

• Visited August 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not bad value in an expensive city.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a perfectly decent couple of pizzas here and a good green salad. The service was friendly and the bill when it arrived wasn't alarming. There is plenty of seating within and outside and the location in the old quarter of Zurich is excellent.

• Visited June 2013
Zug, Switzerland
“I feel like an old friend every time I walk throught the door”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant for lunch one sunny weekday. I was with my 8 month old son. I was well taken care of and ordered the "menu" of pork tenderloin with mushroom sauce. It was DIVINE and there was tons of food. The lunch menu includes soup and salad and I rolled out of there two hours later! Returned that evening with my husband for dinner--just as good--and the next week for lunch with my niece. Guiseppi played with my son so my hubby and I could eat uninterrupted! Everyone is lovely, the food is fantastic, and the value is very good for what you get. The waiters remember my son's name every time. We look forward to returning regularly. Highly recommend, you will not be disappointed. Everything, from steak, to pork, to pasta, is done perfectly.

• Visited June 2013
Kent, United Kingdom
“Very good fresh Italian pasta that didn't cost an arm and a lega”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hard to find somewhere reasonably priced in Zurich but this place was very good quality. Ate there twice over a few days stay as the fresh pasta and the pizza was excellent. Service with a smile and very friendly. Would definetely recommend.

• Visited August 2012