“Disney's coffee shop”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Schober is one of those places you do not forget.
The shop is tiny, and crowded with beautiful food and decorations worthy of Alice in Pastryland.
The cakes are all fantastic.
Try the Gugelhupf. Their variety is unusually heavy and rich.
One of my old-school Züriberg friends demands his brithday cake always be a maxi-size Gugelhupf from Schober, and I think he is right.
The seating comes in four cozy and often crowded rooms on three levels. As a student I would come here, knowing that elegant mothers would be having coffee with their debutante daughters.
I would work on my functional analysis math textbooks, and Imagined the daughters of Zurich's banks would be intrigued.
Well, at least I got some of the fantastic hot chocolate. Whose milk comes from their own cow from the last farm within the city borders of Zurich, as they proudly state on the menu.
Do not miss this place.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Don’t miss it after visiting the Grossmünster, the outside is not much. But when you’re in, you feel in a fairy-tale! Intricate staircases, cosy nooks, subdued lights, wooden beams, lovely plush armchairs for kids and a lot more. Add numerous Christmas decorations and de-li-cious pastries and cakes to realize you are in sweet paradise. The service was a bit slow. Yes, it was crowded, but still.
Tip: Choose delicacies in a small store below – they would make nice souvenirs from Zürich.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

What a great room when you get upstairs! The area is worth the visit then there is the Hot Chocolate, excellent. Not much luck with the cakes etc, we had to go back downstairs after we had been seated and choose the cake we wanted, turned out to be a bit ordinary and a hassle. I would just go for the hot chocolate, a glass of wine maybe and the ambiance.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We wanted to have Afternoon Tea at Conditorei Schober-Péclard. Contrary to Tripadvisor Reviews, when we got there around 2ish, not only the selections of freshly baked cakes and pastries were very small, they were also not very enticing as in Confiserie Sprüngli. So we decided to have salad instead. Overall, the salad was fresh with flavourful mustard vinaigrette and the front outdoor seating was pretty much empty which is unusual during summer holiday. When we left however we were still craving for something sweet so we went to H. Schwarzenbach just in front of the Conditorei to try its mouth-watering dried fruits and chocolates. For brunch and Afternoon Tea, I personally recommended Confiserie Sprüngli which has gigantic selection of freshly baked cakes, pastries, biscuits, handmade chocolates and ice cream as well as freshly made sandwiches and salads and not to forget its infamous divine Luxemburgerli; all of which were far appetising than Conditorei Schober-Péclard!!!

2  Thank Miyumi N
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Zurich for a weekend, we had a teat time at Cafe Schober. I had the best hot chocolate. The size of the cake was amazing. J had a chocolate cake and I had a very tasty blueberries pie. It was a bit long to get service but the place is very comfortable so no worry