“Hot Chocolate Heaven”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Ok ... I loved it. It was an expensive cup of hot chocolate and 1.50 CHF more for Whipped Cream and probably more calories than I can count, but I have ZERO regrets. Go early and sit in the red room on the 2nd floor. We had great service. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

First class food, first class service. Very good coffee, traditional desserts. Cannot be beaten in freshness and quality. In the old town.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've visited the cafe 3 or 4 times, and had quite variable service and quality. When I visited with a swiss friend I had absolutely no complaints. Service was excellent, quality of the food also good.
I later visited with non swiss friends and found the service slow, and unfriendly, and the quality of the food mediocre.
I wont go again because I cant guarantee a good experience

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very charming cafe and restaurant in the best locality in Zurich... I have never ever had and will never ever have a better cup of steaming hot chocolate as I did in Cafe Schober. The tomato, basil and mozzarella panini I had along with that was also tasty! I visited it two years ago around Christmas time and I will definitely go back there when I return to the city.

1  Thank tripperama
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Even though this place is on one of the main tourist walks through the old part of town, it is still tucked away and not really obvious to what is behind the small shop front. Once inside this cute little shop opens up to a myriad of lovely seating areas which are all very cozy, up and down little staircases. Great decorations prior to christmas. The hot choc with added cream was a well needed recharge from the outside which was -7 everyday we were there. Definitely a must see and chill out.