“Excellent vegetarian buffet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bona Dea
Ranked #436 of 1,872 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indian, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wolschwiller, Alsace, France
“Excellent vegetarian buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We found this restaurant by accident one Saturday lunchtime, after running a training event close by. As it was lunchtime, there was a buffet, which offered a wide range of Indian vegi dishes. It was all yummy, and the one vegetarian amongst us, was over the moon by the choice.
At CHF29 for a large plate, it wasn't cheap but it is central Zurich!
Service was fine and the decor fairly unremarkable. Definitely would go there again if I am in the area.

• Visited April 2014

Zurich, Switzerland
“Convenient, Tasty, Vegetarian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I like Bona Dea. I really prefer restaurants that I LOVE to go back to, however this place has consistently good quality and selection. I wish I could wax more eloquent... If you are hungry, are around the Bahnhof and want to spend 25 Francs, Bona Dea is a good choice for a high quality vegetarian meal with lots and lots of choices on the buffet. There.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bill S
Taipei
“Indian Vegetarian Cuisine Ala Swiss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We went there because the restaurant is next to Zurich bahnhof. The food was quite tasty, but a little too salty and oily for me.

• Visited July 2013
Zug, Switzerland
“Tasty vegetarian buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am not vegetarian and was a bit sceptical about going to an all-vegetarian restaurant. However, my experience at Bona Dea convinced me that vegetarian food can be extremely tasty and filling.

The food is served as a self-service buffet with a good selection of appetizers, main dishes and deserts. Everything I tried was extremely tasty and often surprisingly different. You can choose an all-you can eat buffet or pay by the plate. Either way, prices are reasonable for Switzerland.

The restaurant is at the side of the station and as the food is always ready to eat immediately, it is a great place to go if you have limited time because you are catching a train and still want to eat something decent.

The only disadvantage I found is that I tend to enjoy the food so much that I overeat and end up gaining weight. Otherwise, I would go to Bona Dea more frequently.

Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013
Glen Allen, Virginia
“The food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just came in Zurich, tried this restaurant out. IT WAS AMAZING!!! Being a vegetarian definitely has its good times, and this was one of them. Each food was different, like it was representing its own story, and I enjoyed it and so did my family. There was so much to choose from the buffet, but not too much. Some people said this restaurant was not good, and I disagree with them. I felt right at home with its quiet atmosphere. Pick a price and fill up your plate with anything you want to that price. Staff were nice and welcoming. One thing was that I wanted to use the restroom and someone gave me a key to somewhere else!! But in the end it all worked out. I would come back here if I could.

• Visited January 2012