“Indian Vegetarian Cuisine Ala Swiss”
Review of Bona Dea

Bona Dea
Ranked #360 of 1,915 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indian, European, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Taipei
“Indian Vegetarian Cuisine Ala Swiss”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We went there because the restaurant is next to Zurich bahnhof. The food was quite tasty, but a little too salty and oily for me.

• Visited July 2013

Zug, Switzerland
“Tasty vegetarian buffet”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am not vegetarian and was a bit sceptical about going to an all-vegetarian restaurant. However, my experience at Bona Dea convinced me that vegetarian food can be extremely tasty and filling.

The food is served as a self-service buffet with a good selection of appetizers, main dishes and deserts. Everything I tried was extremely tasty and often surprisingly different. You can choose an all-you can eat buffet or pay by the plate. Either way, prices are reasonable for Switzerland.

The restaurant is at the side of the station and as the food is always ready to eat immediately, it is a great place to go if you have limited time because you are catching a train and still want to eat something decent.

The only disadvantage I found is that I tend to enjoy the food so much that I overeat and end up gaining weight. Otherwise, I would go to Bona Dea more frequently.

Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013
Glen Allen, Virginia
“The food...”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just came in Zurich, tried this restaurant out. IT WAS AMAZING!!! Being a vegetarian definitely has its good times, and this was one of them. Each food was different, like it was representing its own story, and I enjoyed it and so did my family. There was so much to choose from the buffet, but not too much. Some people said this restaurant was not good, and I disagree with them. I felt right at home with its quiet atmosphere. Pick a price and fill up your plate with anything you want to that price. Staff were nice and welcoming. One thing was that I wanted to use the restroom and someone gave me a key to somewhere else!! But in the end it all worked out. I would come back here if I could.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Sonny F
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This restaurant is just next to the railway station. It does a fantastic discounted buffet at weekends. We had soup, a spoonful of most of the hot and cold dishes, many of which were new culinary experiences for us, and a pudding for 32CHF. Piled our plates high! All the dishes had unusual touches, beautifully presented and wonderfully tasty! Having experienced a lot of places where we were lucky to get a salad or a mushroom omelette, we considered this the ultimate eating experience!! The restaurant itself was spotless, and the staff welcoming and helpful. A lovely place altogether.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Aileen_N2
Devon, UK
“wonderful vegetarian food”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am surprised at the array of negatives people can come up with when they dine out. The Bona Dea provides some of the most tasty vegetarian dishes I have enjoyed anywhere. You pay a set price and choose exactly what you want. There is a quiet, pleasant atmosphere and you receive good value for money. I was pleased and would recommend it for those who enjoy well prepared and yummy veggie dishes.

• Visited September 2012