“Good fish meals at a price”
Review of Bianchi

Bianchi
Ranked #68 of 1,928 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: The fish restaurant Bianchi is a joint-venture of the families Bianchi and Bindella. In an inviting and comfortable ambience on the Zurich Limmatquai, fresh fish are served. An elegant restaurant dedicated to the pleasure of enjoying and meeting at the table.
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Good fish meals at a price”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My business contract picked the place for dinner which was opposite the river, it was a 10 min walk from the HBF. The restaurant had a warm and cozy ambience and it was packed. I had fish soup and cod fish with ice-cream for dessert. Topped off the meal with a chardonnay.
The fish was fresh and well cooked. Soup was a little too salty though. Service was quick and efficient by the busy staff.

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Ramsey, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent fish!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Loved the location, service and great seafood dishes. An expensive outing, so a business trip makes it easier to digest (like most of Zurich).

Visited November 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“How not to run a restaurant!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The oddest thing happened to me last week while on a business trip to Zurich. I was supposed to have a dinner meeting with a Local Swiss colleague of mine the day of my arrival and had suggested to him two restaurants, quite known to me, my first choice would have been the Rive Gauche adjacent to the Baur-au-lac while the second, a favorite of mine, especially during truffle season, the Contrapunto on the Paradeplatz - however my colleague suggested that we try the Bianchi on Limmatquai, to the best of my knowledge one of the Bindela group restaurants which also owns/manages Contrapunto, so I heeded to his request and immediately called for a reservation for two at 7:00 pm.
files under my arms, I arrived at 6:45, I would be the first diner to arrive, was greeted by the maitre D' and directed to a table against the wall that can seat 4 - which seemed to me that I would be sharing my table with other patrons, not pleasant if you are discussing business, I politely asked if I can have the separate table for two just behind us by the window for privacy, but my request was immediately turned down, " Not Possible " was the answer. reluctantly I thought to myself that maybe having reserved a table some 6 hours earlier that day, I may have been lucky to be given one. and this is where I realized I was at the wrong place - a middle aged Italian couple walked in and asked for a table for two, the same maitre D' greeted them in the same manner and asked if they had a reservation, to which the couple replied in perfect Italian that they had NOT, To my great surprise they were directed to the table for two by the window that I had asked for !!! I tried to keep my cool and asked for a glass of a Barbera D'alba red to soothe my nerves which arrived as soon as my guest arrived. I was now hoping that the food would cover up for the bad P.R of the Maitre D' - alas it was as bad, I opted for the tonno and toasted bread , which by the way was stale for starters and their specialty as it was indicated in the menu the cappellacci al burro e salvia, a usual favorite of mine - which was obviously not properly defrosted!! the tips of the ravioli-like cappellacci were cold and hard! by now we are sharing our table with the newcomers - we passed on dessert and coffees as we needed to get out of this place as soon as possible and 220SFR later badly spent!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Talal H
Montreal, Quebec
“Wonderful meal!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The concierge at our hotel suggested this restaurant and we had a wonderful meal. It was easy to get to by taking the tram. We had an excellent mixed salad and then both my husband and I had a pasta dish for dinner. They were delicious and we both enjoyed them. Service was great and our waiter made a real effort to speak in English. Would go back in a heartbeat!!

• Visited September 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Italian experience in Zurich”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Right on the river, the restaurant offers a variety of sea side Italian/Mediterranean dishes as well as some classics (risottos, pasta, etc.), all absolutely perfectly cooked and prepared. On that dinner, I took fried calamari followed by a "Bouillabaisse", served in two steps with wonderful fishes and soup; the Tira-misu completed a perfect meal. Service was light and simple (our waiter was kind of awkward on communication but brilliant in humor and service). The atmosphere is great for a business meeting or an evening where you want to discuss quietly. Priced decently on Zurich standards. Will come back!

• Visited September 2012