“A 5* restaurant!”

Ranked #7 of 2,145 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Swiss, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The ‘Differente’ restaurant and bar uses only high-quality, seasonal and local produce for its dishes. We pride ourselves on our Mediterranean dishes and Swiss specialities. Our unique tartare creations are also very popular. We take pleasure in providing perfect service. This is one of our top priorities. Food that is flambéed, filleted and carved at the table will make your meal a memorable occasion. The ‘Differente’ restaurant invites you to lunch or dinner in a stylish and friendly ambience. Our menus range from classic Mediterranean dishes to Swiss specialities and also include our renowned and popular tartare creations. Our seasonal specialities leave nothing to be desired. We have refined vegetarian dishes on the menu too. Hot meals are also served in the afternoon and evening until 23.00.
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

It was my mother's birthday and we wanted to celebrate here because we heard this restaurant had the best Tatar. And how true it was!
I wrote during my booking that it was going to be a birthday dinner for my mom, and the staff really made it special. We got a beautifully decorated table, and every waiter came up to my mother to wish her all the best. Our waiter, I think his name is Oscar, was very professional and friendly. He did a perfect job and we were very satisfied with him.
We had a 3 course menu and it was phenomenal, not to mention how beautifully everything was decorated! The a la carte provides so many options which I found to be exceptional.
Still, the best part was that my mother got not one, but two presents from the restaurant! I would like to say a big thank you for everyone for making this evening so special for us. I'll be sure to recommend your restaurant to everyone.

differente, Manager at Differente Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

"Greetings from differente"

What an amazing feedback. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other food-lovers here on Tripadvisor. We are very very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit at our restaurant and we would like to thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion.
Please rest assured that we will forward the compliment to Oscar - on a daily basis our staff is strived to do their utmost in order to fulfill all customer needs and it is wonderful to see once it gets rewarded.

We do hope to see you very soon again!

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

We went there for lunch and had an angus burger and salad that tasted fine. Based on the trip advisor reviews we had higher expectation. We should maybe have tasted tartars which seems to be the restaurant specialty. Service good but the interior might need some renovation.

differente, Manager at Differente Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

"Greetings from differente"

Thank you very much for your feedback. We ar very sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. Regards to your comment about renovation I have to inform you that we are well aware of the interieur and I am pleased to inform you that we will have a brand new renovated restaurant part in a very modern appearance, so if you prefer modern over traditional we will be able to cater to your needs starting in October 2018.

Already today we are looking forward to your visit.

Kindest regards

Reviewed May 8, 2018

I tried the "Differente" many times in the last 6 weeks and i can tell: Top Quality - top service - perhaps the staff behaves a be a bit "naughty" sometimes, but these people are on the right track. Tasty and high quality food - you do not wait too long: for either your seat or your food. Not the cheapest, but worth every "Rappen". All dishes taste great, the "chief" of the kitchen knows how to pleasure restaurant guests.
This place is one of my strongest recommendations for Zurich City - make sure you get a seat! - usually pretty much booked out.

differente, Manager at Differente Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

"Greetings from differente"

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to see that we managed to convince you of our product. Regards to your feedback about the staff's "naughtyness" I would want to have more specific information. All our staff is well trained and know usually how to behave, there is no room for such behaviour - I do want to appologize for the above mentioned and please rest ensured that we will absolutely not accept this.
Please feel free to contact me directly in order to provide more information (goll@hotel-krone.ch). Thank you very much for your effort.

Sarah Goll, Vicedircetor

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Visited during “TATARWOCHEN” (Tatar Week) which goes from May through mid July. They have 14 different variations including Veal not Wheel. It took a few minutes to sort that one out with the language barrier (: Salmon, Buffalo, Beef, Oriental (which is a vegetarian Tatar) among others. If you can’t decide on just one, there is a sample plate with 6 preselected tartars that gives a nice variety to taste.

The Buffalo Mozzarella appetizer is delicious! And definitely save room for one or several of their dessert options. The white coffee mousse is silky smooth with a mild sweet cream flavor.

The staff is extremely attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is elegant but it feels very relaxed. It is was a great find to enjoy a nice dinner whether with colleagues or on a date. There is seating outside to enjoy the weather in nice days.

differente, Manager at Differente Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

"Greetings from differente"

What a wonderful feedback here on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear that we were able to wow you with our Tartar menu! I am pleased to inform you that we do offer Tartar throughout the year however with a smaller selection.

Please come by again - there is much more on the menu to discover.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

When to this restaurant for dinner with 11 people. Restaurant is his and cosy and clean. The staff could be nicer and more helpful.

It took long time to get the food. Lot off us order tartar. I like strong/hot taste, but we order medium stron/hot tartar. it vas very hot. I don't think a will eat tartar again. 4 peaople order another food, they think it was very good . So then I think the kitchen is a good kitchen.

I think a can go back to the restaurant another time. Just for check the service and eat another plate instead of tartar.

differente, Manager at Differente Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

"Greetings from differente"

First and foremost we would like to thank you for the time you have dedicated to rate us here on Trripadvisor. Regards to your comments I would like to highlight that it is the customers choice to choose the spice level.

I am not too sure what excactly went wrong with your order, maybe you just don't like Tartar in generell? I am sorry to hear that we were not able to convince you of our customer service, this is certainly not up to our standard and please rest assured that we will look into the mentioned matter.

We would be happy to welcome you again in order to convince you that we can provide a much better service than you experienced.