“Excellent food and ambiance”
Review of ECHO Restaurant

ECHO Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 2,028 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The eCHo restaurant of the Zurich Marriott Hotel delights its guests with its creative presentation of modern Swiss cuisine. Only fresh, regional products are used to create the Swiss specialities. Guests can even have a seat and enjoy their dinner in an original ski gondola that provides space for 2 people. In addition to all of this, the eCHo is the proud owner of a cow living on the Hinterhuismatt-Alp, and the cheese is sourced directly from the local region. It is possible to enjoy the delicacies in an atmosphere which blends the traditional with the contemporary in complete harmony - a real Swiss experience.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was a wonderful restaurant for our anniversary celebration. The food was delicious and the service was attentive without being intrusive.

1  Thank lapham8
eCHo-Team, Manager at ECHO Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear lapham8

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor. The eCHo team was really happy about your comments. We are proud that you choose us for your anniversary celebration.
We hope to welcome you soon again in the eCHo.

Until then we send you our best regards

Tobias Grunder
Asst. Restaurant Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2013

You have to try a rabbit! They bring a very hot stone where on you can cook your meal with nice vegetables, potatoes and sauce.

Dear Druidi

Thank you very much for your superb feedback on TripAdvisor. The whole kitchen team is glad that you enjoyed your dish so much. We all are looking forward to welcoming you again to our eCHo.

Hope to see you soon and best regards

Tobias Grunder
Asst. Restaurant Manager

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I ate in this restaurant with my boyfriend last Saturday evening and it was a great culinary experience! We chose the fixed menu of 69 CHF with wine included, which for swiss standards is a very reasonable price.
The food was fresh and good, I took the angus steak and the meat was so tender that it was melting in my mouth...I still remember it!
Moreover the service was extremely nice, I am allergic to gluten, and as soon as I told them they prepared a gluten free bread for me and also a special soup! It was the first time that I felt so welcome in a restaurant!
I definitely recommend it!

3  Thank paola188057
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Was trying to decide dinner one night and stumbled on this one on TA. It did not disappoint! We had no reservation, but we arrived when the restaurant opened and had no problem getting a table. We were advised of the Fixed Price deal as other people have mentioned and opted to try it. And it was fantastic!

You have unlimited Swiss wine to drink and can essentially select anything off the menu. The menu is a little small but has a good variety to select from, we did not have a problem finding many things to try. This is good value and the food was wonderful. Presentation and taste was excellent. Loved the fact that the restaurant owned a cow (Gretli) and used her milk to make some cheese!

NOTE: I tried the cheese platter for dessert. I loved the condiments it came with, but be warned, it is a lot of cheese for one person, especially after eating an appetizer and main course!

1  Thank Chr15t1n3
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've eaten at Echo many times because I stay at the Zurich Marriott on business. Their menu is actually great value (for Zurich!) once you get over the sticker shock of the entire country. They have an amazing special deal for 69 CHF that includes 3 courses and all you can drink Swiss wine. Additionally, they just upgraded their cheese cart to a cheese table. They even have their own cow that the staff go visit in the mountains. I'm clearly a fan and haven't found a better traditional Swiss food restaurant.