“Good Atmosphere, Great Fondue”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raclette Stube

Raclette Stube
Ranked #47 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Old Town
Vienna, Austria
“Good Atmosphere, Great Fondue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This restaurant is smaller than many of the big name fondue places in the old city. No tourist hoards here (but most of the patrons are indeed tourists). Reservation recommended. We arrived right at 18:00 without a reservation, and we were lucky to get a table. By 18:15 the restaurant was packed and turning people away. This place serves both raclette and the fondue in a melting pot. If I return to Zurich, I will certainly go back to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Latinum001

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mount Olive, New Jersey
“The best fondue in Zurich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

First Zurich is one of my favorite cities, my hotel referred me to Racliette Stube years ago and I try to visit on every trip. Similarly the best fondue in Zurich, the restaurant is small, local, maybe a little cramped, but the food is worth it. Remember this is real Swiss, not the American version. Well worth the trip.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank RDCononver
Dublin, Ireland
“Good Fondue, Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Went here on a wet Saturday night and ordered the halb/halb which is a fondue made with vacherin and gruyere.....very tasty. Problem was the restaurant was quite full with just one waitress and so the wait was long...very very long, for the food. In fact, even to get seated took a while as she was so busy serving customers. If you fancy a genuine, authentic Swiss fondue and time is of no importance then go there! if you are paying by card they will offer the choice of Swiss Francs or Euro

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank bsfood
Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand
“Delicious, but know what you're getting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We very much enjoyed our meal at Raclette Stube, but know what you're getting in advance. Raclette is raclette: strong, melted cheese on potatoes, cornichon, and pickled onions. If you don't like the pickles and onions it's just a dinner of yummy, rich, stinky, hot cheese on potatoes. I'd have felt less guilty hooking up with one of the prostitutes outside the restaurant window, but there I was, asking for my fifth plate. It's the same with the fondue, just cheesey-beery fondue and chunks of bread. They offered salads but they were expensive. The whole thing was expensive, 39 euros pp for the raclette, with nothing else to balance the meal. I'm sure it's very un-Swiss, but some ham or veggies to go with the cheese would have been welcome. Don't let the prostitutes put you off. The area itself is classy, it's entertaining to watch them, and the restaurant atmosphere was absolutely charming, as was the owner/hostess.

• Visited July 2012
London
“Pleasant but pricey.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Having read other reviews on TA I decided to give this place a go. The restaurant is set in what appears to be a pleasant side street and is decorated with wood and art deco iron work. I went on a Sunday night and had no problem getting a table. I was aware of the price and the fact that the raclette, which was the meal I chose, was melted in the kitchen, my guess would be under a standard grill as the plate was hot too. I was presented with a basket of new potatoes, pickled white onions, gherkins and baby corn and an extensive expensive wine list. The restuarant was airless, had no fans and no open windows despite it being a lovely evening. I filled up on raclette, as many plates as you can eat are brought, and finished off with a light pear liqueur sorbet. It was along long time since I had last eaten raclette in Switzerland and I certainly wouldn't rate this place on presentation and price for what is in essence a bit of locally produced cheese. Having settled my bill I stepped out into the street which by this time was full of hookers. I was accompanied so got no hassle but it might explain why the restaurant was loath to open it's windows on such a lovely evening.

• Visited June 2012