“Good food shame about the timing”
Review of Wagamama - CLOSED

Wagamama
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Oundle, United Kingdom
“Good food shame about the timing”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have now been to this restaurant 3 times all at lunch time during the week. Each time there has been a delay either with taking the order of with the arrival of the food. The 1st visit my food arrived 20 minutes after the other 3 people in my party. 2nd visit the wrong food was given to one of the party. Today we had to wait 20 minutes to order and luckily we were paying attention to the numbers written on our placemats as one of these was wrong and we got it changed before the food was cooked. This is a shame as the staff are friendly, and the food is good and reasonably priced for Zurich. Don't go here if you're in a hurry.

• Visited April 2013

Switzerland
“Very good value for money”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wagamama is the same everywhere, right? And quite often a very good address if - say on a city trip - you have spent too much and need to cut back somewhere. In Zurich this is achieved easily and often. I really like soba and udon noodles and soup - the same is true for my 16 year old son. Situated directly next to the Old Botanical Garden (and that is a true insider trip, to visit in summer) the Wagamama - Restaurant is reachable by Tram N°9 (Sihlstrasse). The interior is along the same lines as anywhere, long tables, light colors. Now the good news: food and prices. The Miso soup is great, the pickles a bit saggy. My son had a duck dish with noodles, I one with rice, shrimp and beef - and was really and truly positively surprised by the number of shrimp and beef - Zurich is the city of Zwingli - abstinence and NO indulgence.. My son was happy with his food as well and we paid around 60 CHF for both of us including drinks. For Zurich this is VERY good, especially if you are as happy with quality, taste and quantity as we were. In total I would really recommend Wagamama (again). Was there in London, also with my son, next to the London Tower - but Zurich is nicer! Especially the staff- friendly, obliging, good atmosphere all around.
Why not five points (Excellent)? - Well, it is after all not really a restaurant.. it is more a bit of a fast food joint, if a really good one.

• Visited March 2013
Genève
“Good food, steep prices and probably a nursery more than a restaurant”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having visited this restaurant many times since it opened, we realize that service has seriously gone downhill, slow, the place is much more dirty (food on the floor, smelly toilets, etc.) prices are high as always, guests have changed from regular costumers to some sort of family oriented nursery ant farm, kids all over the place, turning this restaurant in some sort of "Ikea cafeteria" on a Saturday afternoon. Fortunately, food was good, that's when I got what I ordered, after getting the wrong dish... Overall, a poor experience, which is sad given the Wagamama idea is good, when managed correctly.

Zürich
“Good take away or restaurant”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Same concept everywhere which works. Simple menu for good food & quick service!

Long table where people are sitting next to each other. Good place where to eat a quick lunch at Midday.

Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the Noodle Soup Selection”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I like the easy going style in wagamama. The soups are delicious and healthy. The prices are higher but it's worth it for the quality received.

Visited September 2012