“Don't expect a authentic diner experiene”
Review of Grain

Grain
Ranked #144 of 2,194 Restaurants in Zurich
Description: ***Great Food & Drinks in a relaxed atmosphere*** Unser Konzept beruht auf der Idee, aus einfachem Getreide ein wundervolles Speise- und Getränkeerlebnis zu schaffen. GRAIN wurde ins Leben gerufen, um Sie auf eine Reise zu schicken, in deren Verlauf Sie die herrliche Welt der Craft Beers erkunden und unsere vielseitige Craft Food-Karte entdecken. Begleitet von einer erstklassigen Getränkeauswahl.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was there for the Sunday brunch and ordered two eggs, hash brown, bacon and some toasts. Between ordering and bringing the food it took about half a hour which is way too long as the restaurant wasn't that crowded and it was definitely not a complicated dish to prepare. For me an important critic point is that the menu says hash brown but they bring you small roasted potatoes! Also the bacon was too thick for my taste and they didn't have a choice of toasts.

The service was fine but because of the food I'm not coming back here.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

Had an evening out with a friend in Zurich. Arrived 45 early and spent the time in the bar sampling a few craft beers from the taps. The two American owners were very friendly and guided my very well through the beers.
At the table the ribs were very good or tender. The food is uncomplicated but honest at a fair price. The menu is ribs, burgers and wings - but at a high level.
Only thing I would like to see changed is to try to make the rooms a bit more cosy.
I would love to to there again. Still have a lot of beers that I need to taste.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We headed to this restaurant after reading the positive comments in Tripadvisor. It location at Kirche Fluntern, you can use tram 5 from Bellevue Platz or tram 6 from Zurich main station to easily reach there. The restaurant is quite big and the setting is pleasant. I enjoyed the "egli filet" fish and my wife had a vegetable lasagna. both very tasty and well presented. I indulged in a craft beer from the Jura and ended the meal with a really good espresso. We shall return there in the future.
You can easily book a table online on their internet site.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 6, 2018

September 11, 2018

It was our first full day in Switzerland and we'd been exploring Zurich. As dinner time approached, we looked up a place to eat with craft beer--Grain was recommended, so we walked up the hill (you can take the Funicular)--the walk was worth it--we were rewarded with great food and some great IPA. Try the artichoke--it was the bomb! The service was excellent as well!! The design and restoration of the old building is charming. We sat outside on the patio and had a relaxing evening. What a nice introduction to Switzerland :) Thank you, Dave!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

The main reason I would recommend this place is: Beer!

They have a wide variety of handcrafted beer, some types which you won't find in many other places. This, along with the service, makes this place very special.

The food is ok, but not it's not the main reason to visit this place.
The deserts were very good, however I found that my salmon was a little too oily for my taste.

Date of visit: August 2018