“Excellent location by lake - Service was swift & attentive”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pumpstation

Pumpstation
Ranked #1,432 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss, Bar, European, Barbecue, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Excellent location by lake - Service was swift & attentive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

After morning on the lake (90 min round boat trip) we stopped here for a light lunch before our journey home. Unlike other recent reviews we found the service very prompt, friendly & attentive.
Beer tasted good, my husband enjoyed sausage & roll whilst my mozzarella & tomato salad was tasty & not small in portion size. The sun was shining so a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours watching the tourists & Zurich locals.

• Visited August 2014

Alcala De Henares, Spain
“Excellent location but horrible unprofresional service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hi,

The location is great but the staff we dealed with was very unfriendly and unprofresional to the point that we left afer waiting to be served for more than 20m while place was almost empty.

I would recommend to the manager of this place to send his/her boys to an urgent training so they know how to deal with customers and specially treat them with respect.

About the food, I can not give any feedback as we left very upset for the way the responded to us when we just asked why they did not attend us after 20m.

I recommend to avoid this place...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank llamashi
Moscow, Russia
“Afternoon by the lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The day was so nice that we decided to go enjoy a quite lunch by the lake, The pumpstation is a cool little place, with easy tasty food -- so if you're looking for a cold beer on a hot day and a view that's the place to be - we got lucky enough that a funk/rock band starting performing just on the boardwalk in front .. good times !!

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Pumpstation was the WORST EVER!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was visiting from Norway to see a friend who had recently moved to Zurich. After a nice bike ride, we decided to stop at Pumpstation for a drink. The service was just ABSENT!! Three of the waiters were sitting by the big tree in the middle talking and completely ignoring some of the customers - Incredible!!!

I really don't understand how this place remains open. Reading some of the reviews, I can see that other customers have experienced the same. It is really a shame because it is really a nice sitting area by the lake, and there are not many restaurants right by the lake.

My advice - Go to the COOP supermarket which is very close by (right by the lake), and buy some food and a bottle of wine and then go sit in a nice area by the lake. COOP has some really nice, cooked, and pretty cheap food (much cheaper than Pumpstation) for takeaway.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank X_Specialized
Zurich, Switzerland
“Unfriendly & arrogant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have been in the past & quite enjoyed the food there. We went there with friends over from England. We sat at a table then moved to another, the waiter complained we were blocking the way so we moved to another table, I asked to order & was given such a disdainful look I thought we weren't now going to get served even though the people on the next table were being served. I was right. We waited 10 minutes longer & then left. It seems to me they much be raking the money in if they can just ignore 4 customers like that. No sign of anyone in charge to complain to either. Well, that's one place we won't be going to ever again.

• Visited August 2013