“Uncharacteristically awful” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kaiser's Reblaube

Kaiser's Reblaube
Ranked #103 of 1,877 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Delicatessen, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Zurich, Switzerland
“Uncharacteristically awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

To be fair, I have eaten here several times and the food is without fault, but even Picasso made some atrocious paintings and yesterday this place failed miserably. The service was so uncaringly inept (for a very special evening) that we didn't even stay for the food, leaving anyway with a very bad taste in the mouth.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was the second time we have been here. The atmosphere is lovely, in the heart of the Aldstadt, and the food traditional Swiss and of high quality. The only down side was the maitre'd (actually in this case, the maitresse'd) who was incredibly grumpy and unhelpful. Thankfully our waitress could not have been nicer. An excellent evening; we would go there again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank idandb
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good, value ok.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

The chefs definitely know their business, all dishes were superb. And they come at a price. Very nice selection of wines. We had a very nice evening there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cairo, Egypt
“Excellent first experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I had come across very good reviews about Kaiser's Reblaude, and therefore decided to try it during a recent visit to Zurich.
It was an excellent experience.
The restaurant is located in a old part of town, minutes away from the Bahnoffstrasse, and therefore quite easy to get to.
The food choices were very good, and the menu selected was excellent. The service was also excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The evening we were there, the restaurant was completely full by 7:30 (we had made a reservation a couple of days before), mostly with locals. Everyone seemed to be very much enjoying their meals and wine.
We had an excellent experience, and I would definitely make it a point of eating there again whenever I am in Zurich.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank W*Travel
Reading, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal in this high-end restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had problems with the overall rating on this, as it should be an excellent, but for a lone wanderer from the UK with a budget, the bill was a shock and the only reason I selected "Very Good" rather than "Excellent". This is an excellent restaurant although for someone from the UK unfamiliar with Zurich restaurant prices it became the most expensive meal I have had.

I was on a one-night stopover en route by train from London to Chor. I had followed the old city walk and looked for somewhere to eat on the way. It was Saturday night and many of the Swiss restaurants I had tried, especially the Kellers, were very full (more Swiss restaurants are needed in Zurich, the Italian ones seemed largely empty). I came across the Reblaube and needed a meal. The atmosphere looked warm and friendly, important for a lone diner, so I went in. The reception was welcoming and there was a mixture of diners from families with young children to couples. The food was excellent. I had a warm lentil salad with mushrooms (the small ones) and a very subtle and delightful selection of leaves and herbs. The main course of black codfish followed by poached pear were equally delicious with subtle flavours. The service was friendly and efficient. I started with a glass of local white wine and liked it so much I followed this with a half-bottle. All perfect, heart-warming and very satisfying. The surprise was the wine: £51 (66 Swiss Francs) for a half-bottle and a glass. I clearly had not understood the pricing properly. This meant that my meal came to about £125. The three-course meal was 90 (£70). So I would recommend this strongly if you are not on a budget. Perhaps I drank too much of the lovely wine and was seduced by the charming waitresses!

• Visited October 2013