“Standout for us in Zurich”
Review of La Piazzetta

La Piazzetta
Ranked #568 of 1,914 Restaurants in Zurich
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Melbourne, Australia
“Standout for us in Zurich”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We tried this place based on a recommendation and were not dissapointed.

The food was great ( I recommend the carbonara!! )

The service was good - with his skills in upselling us to more expensive starters apertifs etc working a treat.

Whilst overpriced in my book, for zuirch it was the best value.

This place seemed to have a number of locals and regulars - a good sign to me.

• Visited December 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Just OK”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been to this place for lunch a few times (mostly because it has outdoor seating in the summer) and once for dinner. Hoping that it would improve on repeat visit, my expectations did not come to any positive fruition. This place serves Italian fare typical for Zurich, as are the prices, rather average for the prices with rather average service. Its OK, that's about all, nothing more.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank l-globetrotter
Zurich, Switzerland
“Food is OK, service is unfriendly”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been once at la piazzetta, and will most probably not return.
I had a salad as a starter and lasagne as main course. Food was not bad but nothing special at all.
Service was unfriendly and arrogant. I had to insist to have a table in a quiet corner although the place was half empty.
I waited 15min before being able to order and at least the same time to get my food.
And last, it is really over-priced.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Coucho_The
Zurich
“T E R R I B L E”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was persuaded to try this place based on recommendations, including those here at Trip Advisor. But I was deeply disappointed. I took my husband here for a birthday meal, he's a big fan of Italian food. Unfortunately our experience of this place was really soured by very unhelpful, uncaring, snobby service - which took me completely by surprise given the casual dining experienced that is advertised. These waiters looked and behaved as if they hated their jobs, very unprofessional imagine to give. Not to mention the horribly overpriced food that really does NOT live up to expectations (given how much one pays....Sfr45 for a steak!). We live in Zurich, we're used to our city's prices but also exceptional quality....but this is by far the worse place I have ever been to, and does not reflect well on what Zurich really does have to offer.

The waiters were not attentive when we arrived, were left waiting for them to notice we were standing at the door - the restaurant was practically empty at the time! Once seated, the waiter rudely asked in Italian for our drinks order, pretending not to understand our choices/answers (I'm a fluent Italian speaker, and my husband a German speaker! we even tried to explain further in English....inept waiter!!!). Same story when trying to order food - very frustrating. Then, food came but not the side order of bread. I had to ask for the bread. I also had to ASK for olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. What I got, was a 1 litre bottle of oil and vinegar put on our table. I had to again turn to them to ASK for a small plate, which I then used to pour some oil/vinegar for dipping. The waiter looked at me as if I was an alien from Mars.

Food was disappointing as well. Husband ordered a steak and side salad, but the steak was very poorly prepared (was practically raw, even though he asked for med-well done) and presentation was quite unimaginative. My ricotta/spinach cannelloni did not seem fresh...the pasta had the consistency of being warmed up in the microwave, very soggy with no texture.
I was very upset and sad, as I was really having a hard time trying to stay cheerful for my husband's spacial day. These idiots completely ruined it for me. We paid, and left without even being acknowledged. The three useless waiters just hankering at the bar, chatting, looking bored and sour, not concerned at all about their patrons.

They may well be used to a brash business clientèle during the day, but this is NOT the place for a happy casual - let alone romantic - place for dinner. Zurich has so much better to offer, I will never come to or recommend this place to anybody.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank roman-eagle
Bedford, United Kingdom
“pre wedding dinner”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Really enjoyed both the food and the wine. We were a big party on a pre wedding dinner but they gave us a few choices on each section of the meal and everyone was very happy with their choices. Great service and friendly staff . Even the chef came out to see if everything was to our liking.

Visited June 2012